College Football 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
    Latest BCS poll is out...any hope for TCU and/or Boise St? It is looking more likely that they will be matched up again as a side show to 'the big boys'.

Who do you have in the mythical national championship game?

My vote as of today = Oregon vs. Winner of Auburn/LSU game.
    Honestly, I have no idea. I don't see Oregon losing, but who knows? The SEC teams could easily lose a game or two between now and the SEC championship game. Boise might get upset by Nevada.

And I'll say this about the SEC generally - yes, its probably still the best conferennce top to bottom, but IMHO none of those teams look so good that they deserve a slot in the title game with a loss, assuming TCU or Boise remain undefeated. With all the respect they are due, neither Auburn nor LSU look remotely as good as Florida did 2 years ago or Texas did last year when they played in the championship with a loss.

And while I'm on my soap box, I'd say PAC-10 football is easily the most entertaining this year. Did anyone watch Stanford Saturday night. That kid Luck is outstanding

Of course, what do I know? I had given the Heisman to Denard Robinson in September, and we know how that played out.

Comment

• Don't be too hard on yourself. I live up here (although I state for the record I was born, raised, and have pure Wisconsin blood in my viens) and they in early September were thunderstruck by what he did. IMO he needs to learn 1. not to leave his feet so much when about to be hit 2. learn to run out of bounds.

Anyway, I just think the computers and maybe even the humans will not give TCU/BSU much stock in their schedules. I mean TCU beats Utah (who was supposedly the #5 team in the country - but that is another topic) and fails to move when Auburn beats U of Chatt and closes its grip on #2.

I'm not saying I want an SEC team in there. I just think that is the way it is leaning again. I don't think a one loss Big 12 team will move ahead of a one loss SEC team.
      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Don't be too hard on yourself. I live up here (although I state for the record I was born, raised, and have pure Wisconsin blood in my viens) and they in early September were thunderstruck by what he did. IMO he needs to learn 1. not to leave his feet so much when about to be hit 2. learn to run out of bounds.

Anyway, I just think the computers and maybe even the humans will not give TCU/BSU much stock in their schedules. I mean TCU beats Utah (who was supposedly the #5 team in the country - but that is another topic) and fails to move when Auburn beats U of Chatt and closes its grip on #2.

I'm not saying I want an SEC team in there. I just think that is the way it is leaning again. I don't think a one loss Big 12 team will move ahead of a one loss SEC team.
        Will there even be a 1 loss Big 12 team?

If LSU loses to Arkansas, is there any way Boise or TCU doesn't play Oregon (assuming those 3 win out). Could one of the Big 10 teams jump up?

Comment

• Well, we lost to Michigan St. who lost to Iowa who we beat. We also beat Ohio St. so my guess is as good as yours. I think Wisconsin would be on the outside looking in and head to a second tier BCS game.

I'm sure you have seen this...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...n=2010&week=10
          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Well, we lost to Michigan St. who lost to Iowa who we beat. We also beat Ohio St. so my guess is as good as yours. I think Wisconsin would be on the outside looking in and head to a second tier BCS game.
            If Bucky went, that would be the party to end all parties in MadTown!

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen it. I typically avoid anything espn I can. I'm not into NY or Boston sports enough to visit their site or watch most of their programming.

Comment

• I still don't think Oregon will keep the perfect season... and I'm not joining Auburn's wagon yet.
              As for TCU and Boise State shouldn't have any problems making it withour loosing to the end of the season.
              All warfare is based on deception.
              Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• CONGRATULATIONS COACH ON NUMBER 400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                God Save The Republic.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post

CONGRATULATIONS COACH ON NUMBER 400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Indeed!
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                    I still don't think Oregon will keep the perfect season... and I'm not joining Auburn's wagon yet.
                    As for TCU and Boise State shouldn't have any problems making it withour loosing to the end of the season.
                    Now there are new allegations that C.Newton was caught cheating at Florida and that is why he left and went to Auburn... among other things . Might be a bit distracting going into these last few games.
                    Already dealing with the 'go to your school for at least $200,000' accusations.
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• That kind of noise normally does take effect on a team. Looking forward for this weekend games.
                      All warfare is based on deception.
                      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• Both PITT and WVU were off and sadly, THE ROCK! lost.
                        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

• As far as the National Championship picture I say Oregon and Auburn. This includes a 1 loss Auburn if they lose in the Iron Bowl. TCU's schedule is OK, but Smurf Potato U's schedule is crap. I know Boise can not help their conference schedule but I am not impressed with how they are scheduling non-conference games. They want all sorts of money and then 2 home games for 1 away game. I am also not impressed by them scheduling Ole Miss and Michigan State when they turned down a 2 for 1 with Nebraska and $800,000. Notice they want to schedule a traditionally low SEC school at a neutral site for a ton of cash and a 2 for 1 against a normally mid-pack Big 10 school for $1.2 mil. I am sorry they can not have it both ways. They can either schedule like one of the big boys or they can continue to try to schedule like a 1aa school and get treated accordingly by strength of schedule. I have also had enough with ESPN pushing Boise, and that is why I have taken to calling them Smurf Potato U.

As far as the Cam Newton stuff, there is some very smelly stuff going on. The stuff with the recruiting happened in December of last year. The SEC and the NCAA started investigating in July. Auburn asked the NCAA is Newton was eligible before the season started and was told yes. I really think this story is being pushed by ESPN to tighten up the Heisman Trophy race, because if you look at it by stats Newton has ran away with it.

Comment

• I'm surprised PITT was able to understand a single play call on either offense or defenselast night, over the roaring noise of gagging and choking by players and coaches alike!

Regards,
                            Dennis
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

• How about Cam Newton dealing with all the off the field distractions this week, and still kicking serious butt after falling behind 21-7. I'd be hard pressed to find someone more deserving of the Heisman after what he's done for Auburn this year, and the fact that he still played great after dealing with all of the issues with his recruitment. I think the Alabama game will be tough for Auburn though as I believe Alabama is the home team.

Comment

• I think the distractions were less than what the press would have you think. Auburn has been aware of this since July, when the SEC and NCAA investigations started. There are several aspects of this story timing wise that smell bad to me. Supposedly the pay-for -play pitch was made to Mississippi State in November. In December Newton signed with Auburn. In January MSU notified the SEC. Supposedly due to an ongoing investigation of the eligibility of one its basketball players it could not send the League full details until July. Now that Cam Newton is a shoe in for the Heisman this all somehow gets released to the public. Also MSU now says it has phone records of all this. The SEC is not happy as this evidence was not turned over in July. As best as I can tell down here in the middle of all this, Auburn is in no way shape or form in trouble or under investigation. Mississippi State is where the investigation is focused, there and the MSU alumni that are involved.

As far as the Iron-Bowl that is one that records and stats rarely apply to. With that said Alabama has only won one game in Tuscaloosa in the entire history of the series. Here is the Wiki page for the Iron Bowl http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Bowl It does sort of gloss over how nasty things got between the two Universities in the years it was not played. I would say that key for this match-up is that Alabama has a chance to derail Auburn and that is something these teams love to do in this game. Alabama has a major weakness that Auburn maybe able to exploit that has lead to its last3 losses, Utah, S. Carolina, and LSU. You do not have to shutdown Alabama's run game merely convince them that they need to pass. In these games where Alabama has abandoned its running game they have lost. With Auburn it is stopping Can Newton, but keep Auburn has basically the same offense as last year including the QB that is now playing as a receiver.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X