College Football 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2010

The season is upon us. Here's a thread to post comments, news, notes and most importantly, smack about your favorite teams and hated rivals.

Tonight, I'll be at Sun Life Stadium (formerly Joe Robbie Stadium/Pro Player Stadium/Dolphins Stadium/Land Shark Stadium) as the Canes take on the Rattlers of FAMU. Go Canes!

I've been counting down the days since early Jan.

I will be glued to the TV this weekend as I have worked by backside off this summer so I can take this weekend off.

Just because I live in Michigan doesn't mean that I won't cheer for my home state!

When you said Wisconsin.....you've said it all!
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
      I've been counting down the days since early Jan.

I will be glued to the TV this weekend as I have worked by backside off this summer so I can take this weekend off.

Just because I live in Michigan doesn't mean that I won't cheer for my home state!

When you said Wisconsin.....you've said it all!
      As much as I love the Canes, I'll concede UW has the best fight song in the land. And the band playing the old Bud commercial and the crowd chanting your last line is very cool too.

Comment

Go Demon Deacons!
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Not to hijack the thread...here's the last video I'll post.

Funny how a Bud commerical becomes our chant...

"War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
            Not to hijack the thread...here's the last video I'll post.

Funny how a Bud commerical becomes our chant...

Hijack away.

I was at Camp Randall in 89 when the Canes came up and whupped the Badgers mightily: 51-3. What a team that was. Craig Erickson. Randall "thrill" Hill, Wesley Carroll, Leon Searcy, Cortez Kennedy, Russell Maryland, Greg Mark, Bernard Clark, Maurice Crum, Ryan McNeil, Charles Pharms, Kenny Berry, Carlos Huerta. It was one All-American after another.

You guys got a smidgeon of revenge last year in the Champs Bowl though.

Comment

I like way too many teams to settle with one.
              I'm sure one of them will have a good season. LOL!
              All warfare is based on deception.
              Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Joe picks an 18 year old freshman to start at Quarterback !
                He has shoes older than that !!!!!!!
                God Save The Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post

Joe picks an 18 year old freshman to start at Quarterback !
                  He has shoes older than that !!!!!!!
                  Probably drawers too .

Comment

Not a good start for Penn State. What a dramatic season opener and the Utes pull it off.
                    All warfare is based on deception.
                    Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                      Not a good start for Penn State. What a dramatic season opener and the Utes pull it off.
                      Cap., that was Pitt, not Penn State.

Another big game and another loss for Wanny. I think he's just praying Jay Fiedler might have some eligibility left.

Comment

Bad decision by the Pitt QB... just throw it away dude!

Comment

The Gators are looking a little shaky so far...
                          Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Tough loss for my boys from PITT. Get 'em next week I guess!

On the bright side my alma mater beats Merrimac 45-26!

Don't knock THE ROCK!

On the down side; I heard a coach addressing the issue of agents and players, prompted specifically by the news coming out of North Carolina. He called the agents pimps.

What a flaming hypocrite! If anybody is teaching the players to say screw the rules and is playing the role of ***** to the agents pimp it is the coaches. If they want to teach the players something they should shart by honoring their own contracts!

Regards,
                            Dennis
                            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

@D1J1 - I agree. As a college coach myself (not in football though), I know first hand that some coaches lack loyalty. I will say this though that some schools (chancellors, presidents) also lack loyalty and it is a two way street. The extremely sad part is that the students get caught in the middle. Ninety-nine percent of them follow the rules and are left holding the "bag" when the loyalty dance stops. What really ticks me of is when a coach/school breaks the rules and the coach can leave to get another job and the students at the school are left to pay the penalty (loss of scholarships, no post season, etc.). It is all about money now and this "what have done for 'me' today" atmosphere.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X