A question for Americans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Americans.

Im interested in managers or man management as an art including sport. I was recomended a book off the back of a radio programme a while ago. It was by an American coach who is considered a bit of a legend on this topic and his thoughts are sort by people all over in respect to man management. Now Im pretty sure it was a basketball coach and I think he managed the lakers. Any ideas guys.

Pat Reilly?
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
      Pat Reilly?
      I will look him up and see if that fits the bill. Cheers. Any other possibilities?

Comment

Phil Jackson?

Comment

Reilly or Jackson? I really doubt that. It would almost have to be John Wooden.

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Just to say he has written an extremely well regarded book on man management and motivation. It is is highly regarded by top coaches everywhere. Does that narrow it down a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
              Reilly or Jackson? I really doubt that. It would almost have to be John Wooden.

Regards,
              Dennis
              Shame on you doubting me Dennis ... Reilly has written motivational books, and Jackson is the Zen-Master of course. Could be Wooten too though.
              I'm sticking with Reilly from what was asked.

Comment

I wish Bobby Knight would write a management text book...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  I wish Bobby Knight would write a management text book...

Heh, yeah! How to manage to grab and hit players, and how to curse, and how to be rude, oh, and lets not forget how to train for the annual D1 NCAA Coaches chair tossing contest!

Regards,
                  Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                    Shame on you doubting me Dennis ... Reilly has written motivational books, and Jackson is the Zen-Master of course. Could be Wooten too though.
                    I'm sticking with Reilly from what was asked.
                    Reilly and Jackson coach in the pros. In the NBA the players run the teamsby and large, and Reilly doesn't have near Jackson's track record for championships if by some god-forsaken chance it turns out to be an NBA coach.

Best regards,
                    Dennis

Comment

Just so everyone is aware it's Pat Riley not Reilly.
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Rudy Tomjanovich had a short stint as coach of the Lakers and a longer one as coach of the Rockets. He also wrote a book and nearly had his career ended while on court.

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                          Just so everyone is aware it's Pat Riley not Reilly.
                          Sorry about that.

Comment

Pat Reilly seems to be cosensus but this Jackson being "a zen master" Why is he zen? That sounds interesting. It could be him. Maybe I'll have to buy both books.
                            Last edited by copenhagen; 06 Aug 10, 16:48.

Comment

I think it might be a book called sacred hoops by phil jackson. Sound right?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X