• Show
Clear All

• The Assassin has passed........

Jack Tatum is dead at 61.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/F...2710?GT1=39002
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

All the stories I've seen on him today seem to focus more on the Stingley situation and not enough on his career.

RIP Assassin.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

He was a fine player. And as hardcore in the game he loved as any. He had few equals in his positon for guts and determination.

TD

Comment

Enjoyed watching him play . Rest in peace sir!
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Jack Tatum was a Buckeye first and foremost. RIP, Jack.

Last edited by R. Evans; 28 Jul 10, 14:28.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I heard an interview this morning with his teammate, Phil Villapiano on NFL Radio. Apparently, Tatum regretted naming his book Assassin given the Stingley situation.

The interviewer also quoted Chuck Fairbanks, the Patriots' coach at the time, as saying he watched the Stingley hit over 100 times and concluded it was a perfectly legal hit.

RIP to Jack Tatum. A Buckeye, who according to Villapiano, was also a big Jersey guy (just like Villpiano, who also hailed from NJ and played his college ball in Ohio, although at Bowling Green).
            Last edited by The Ibis; 28 Jul 10, 16:20. Reason: Chuck Fairbanks was a good coach, but I didn't need to call him "the Chuck Fairbanks"

Comment

He played some great games with the Raiders.

Each time they went up against the Steelers you knew it was going to be a hard played game.

Thanks for the memories.

RIP
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

One of the guys my old man always talks about that I wish I could have seen play. There aren't many who play the game like him anymore.
                "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
                -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

Didn't he say something like there were many times he could have gone for the interception and gotten the interception but he wanted to hit the guy hard rather than get the interception? He could hit that's for sure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X