EPL - Summer Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galland View Post
    ..do you know anything about him Luis..????...cant believe they paid 7 million for him...!!???
    I just watched him play in a few pre-season games and he did look way above average.
    He's only 20 so there's still lots of room for improvement. I'm sure if he gets the same treatment as Ronaldo he's the potential to be almost as good as the diving Prima Dona.
    All warfare is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
      I just watched him play in a few pre-season games and he did look way above average.
      He's only 20 so there's still lots of room for improvement. I'm sure if he gets the same treatment as Ronaldo he's the potential to be almost as good as the diving Prima Dona.
      ..indeed, well it seems that Fergie is happy to delegate to his scouting network when it comes to certain signings, apparently he never saw him play before he gave the go ahead to purchase him. MInd you, they have arguably one of the best scouting networks in the world, so its hardly suprising that they found him- seems they may have even trumped other top english scouting networks like the ones that Arsenal and Chelsea have, we will see i suppose, time will tell all....

Comment

This player never played a first league game in Portugal, but that was also true for Pauleta and just look how great he was.
        Honestly, I think ManU just got another great player for peanuts.

Comment

Just got this from my local team's internet newsletter. (Austin Aztex)
          Stoke City Complete Swoop For Jon Walters
          Stoke City have today boosted their attacking options by signing Jon Walters from Ipswich
          Town for an initial 2.75 million fee.
          The 26-year-old Republic of Ireland B international has signed a four-year contract aer agreeing
          personal terms with City to seal a transfer deal that could eventually rise to 3.25 million
          with appearances for the Club.
          The signing of Walters, who can operate as a central striker or right winger, gives manager
          Tony Pulis more firepower in his squad following the club record 8 million arrival of Kenwyne
          Jones from Sunderland last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
            This player never played a first league game in Portugal, but that was also true for Pauleta and just look how great he was.
            Honestly, I think ManU just got another great player for peanuts.
            ..time will tell i guess, but they do have a track record of improving young portugese players, ..hell, they ar even starting to turn Nani's career around..!

Comment

Nani hit his stride in the spring towards the end of last season. I think he continued his run of good form during the Summer friendlies and I thought he deserved a point or 2-pts Man of the match bonus against Newcastle in the EPL fantasy league. (instead they gave bonuses to Scholes, Fletcher and Berbatov)

Comment

Good references in ManU for promissing talents. I'll be keeping an eye on his progess too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X