EPL - Summer Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPL - Summer Transfer Window

Its that crazy time of year again. Whos out? Whos in? This is the thread for hard deals, club inquiry, and crazy baseless rumors!

First: Wolves
    Five (5) Signings so far this summer. Mick McCarthy is a busy man signing:

1) Steven Fletcher ex-Burnley striker 8 Goals, 5-Assist - 118pts

2) Steven Mouyokolo - French footballer Hull (abandon ship!) City

3) Adlne Guedioura French C team (I mean Algeria National team)

4) Jelle Van Damme Belgium Defender

5) Stephen Hunt midfielder Hull (abandon ship!) City Popular for a cheap signing last year, but is on the injury list until mid-October
    Last edited by Cicero; 02 Jul 10, 04:10.

Bolton Wanderers
    Owen Coyle has signed 2 new folk over to Bolton. His former pupil Robbie Blake from his last team, Burnley. And Martin Petrov from Man. City.

Martin Petrov ex-Man. City midfielder Didnt play much last year, but had 4 goals and 3 assists in the 727 minutes he did play. Not bad for a guy that probably played the better part of 6 matches + some substitution time.

Robby Blake ex-Burnley Striker/Midfielder Scored 2 goals and 4 assists in intermittent play last year. He got a lot less time on the field once manger Owen Coyle left to join Bolton in January.

and of course, we expect to see a lot from Stuart Holden...who will get lots of assists this year from his great crosses coming in from right-midfield.

Comment

Everton

Magaye Gueye - Strasbourg - France U-21 Striker

Jermaine Beckford - ex-Leeds Utd. striker - He's the guy that scored the game-winning goal that gave Leeds victory over Manchester United in the FA Cup last year. That was already his 20th goal of that season.

There has been speculation that Spanish playmaker Mikel Arteta may be wanting a move back to Spain, while Arsenal and Manchester City are also reported to be interested in the player.

Comment

..heard that David Silva has agreed terms with Man City, looks like there are ready to spend another lazy $150 million...!!!!

Comment

Yep. David Silva (midfielder) and Jrme Boateng (defender) - 42Million Euros so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            Yep. David Silva (midfielder) and Jrme Boateng (defender) - 42Million Euros so far.
            And they also signed Yaya Toure.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Wow. I didn't think it would actually happen, butChelsea

Yossi Benayoun
              - Gone from Liverpool to Chelsea. I'm sorry Boonie, he was a good man. One of the bright spots in Liverpool's 2009 EPL season. Certainly a good buy for Chelsea, reportedly for around 8-million euros...I wonder who Liverpool can pick up for 8M that will be better than Yossi? (a faster back-line maybe?) <---Story I'm reading now says that coach is looking @ Gervinho if the French will lower their asking price.
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              + Liverpool transfer rumors
              Hodgson is likely to have to sell before he can buy, with Javier Mascherano and Albert Riera set to follow Yossi Benayoun out of Anfield this summer
              Recent reports suggest Aston Villa's Ashley Young and Newcastle's Steven Taylor could be among Liverpool's targets.

Comment

I'm not sad about Yossi, he never impressed me much, he wasn't in the starting eleven last half of the season and was on the bench most of the time, and so he will be at Chelsea.

Comment

Blackburn Rovers are chasing my boy Gio Dos Santos (Mexico's best player during the World Cup). Man City is putting together a 30-million+ pound bid for Didier Drogba, which if accepted might strengthen rumors of a Fernando Torres move to Chelsea. (I don't believe it. Torres is only at his best during 1/3-1/2 of his games. With constant injury worries and dry-spells. Chelsea is better sticking with Drogba.)

Comment

..apparently the deal to move Benyauon on this year was decided by benitiz last year, he didnt rate him and told him before he left Liverpool that he was free to talk to other clubs, although i didnt expect Chelsea to get him, i mean whats the difference between him and Joe Cole..???

..apart from the fact that he has replaced him in the Chelsea squad of course..!!

Comment

Mario Balotelli has hinted that aa move to either Man utd or Chelsea is his preferred option, although Moratti rates him at Inter and i dont believe he would let him leave on the cheap...

Comment

West Ham United

New manager Avram Grant has 2 signings yesterday.

Pablo Barrera: Mexico National team, made 3 substitute appearance for Mexico in the 2010 World Cup. Played his senior career for Pumas in Mexico's top division.

Frederic Piquionne - Played under Avram Grant last year while on loan to Portsmouth from Lyon. He scored 11 goals for Portsmouth in all competitions including 3 goals to help push Portsmouth through to the FA Cup final against Chelsea last year (where they lost 1-0).

Comment

Barrera is a good signing, from the Pumas club in Mexico, extremely techincal player with a great cross and dribbling skills, he could make a impact during his first season, might be worth a look in the fantasy leagues perhaps Cicero..!!??

Comment

No, don't pick him for a fantasy squad. There is only one West Hammer midfielder anybody should consider and that is Parker. He will get goals, bonus points, and guarantee points for playing full matches every match. Parker is not even that expensive. Anybody else, especially a new person who is an unknown quantity for both West Ham & the Premier League is a real gamble. You don't know if he will play, or if he does, if he will play full matches. Last I checked, most Mexicans in the EPL were riding the bench or out loan last year. Don't gamble on this guy!

Comment

Liverpool have signed Joe Cole on a four-year deal - subject to a medical - following his release by Chelsea.

The 28-year-old England midfielder left Stamford Bridge in June after failing to agree a new contract with the Premier League champions.
                              FULL ARTICLE - BBC SPORT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X