Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Football....in High School?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Football....in High School?!?!?!?

Apparently they are discussing it in Pennsylvania. Paterno and Wannestadt (PSU and Pitt) fully support it of course. I think its ridiculous!

Including playoffs teams can already play up to 16 weeks and they start practice 4 weeks before their first games in the fall. Enough is enough!

And yes, I am a high school football fan. I go to at least one game each weekend during the season.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

I support them. More football = better. They aren't slave driving, only granting the opportunity to play and nobody forces them to do it, or the students to play. It's not like they fire the coaches just because it's not in season, so you might as well do something with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
      I support them. More football = better. They aren't slave driving, only granting the opportunity to play and nobody forces them to do it, or the students to play. It's not like they fire the coaches just because it's not in season, so you might as well do something with them.

I know Texas, California and Oklahoma do it. One of the statistics they cite is how many more D-1 players came from Cal and Texas. They omit the fact that both states have at least 3 time the number of high school players as PA. As a percentage the odds are about equal, and PA is higher than Oklahoma.

Do you think if they made it voluntary, to eliminate the slave driving aspect, that those who opted out due to just finishing baseball or track seasons would get an equal shot in the fall?

I still think the season plus summer camp is enough. What you can do with the coaches out of season is ask them to be teachers, as many of them are supposed to be.
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Around here the weather is much better in the spring for football. Practicing for the season in July/August is tough... mucho hot! That way football could get started in March or April. When I was in high school we had only one really cold game... the last of the season. As it is now football season is scorching hot, and baseball season is chilly.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X