Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rojik
    replied
    Heh. Beat the Cows. It might be our only win for the season but geez it feels good.

Leave a comment:

• ozjohn39
    replied
    GREAT news for (most) football fans yesterday,

Collingwood were handed a hiding by StKilda, one of the favourites for this years Premiership.

John.

Leave a comment:

• The Ibis
    replied
    I really wish AFL was still on ESPN like in the old days.

Leave a comment:

• ozjohn39
    replied
    tj,

Yours was a thriller, Good to see Geelong beat Hawthorn, but I doubt you will win the flag.

John.

Leave a comment:

• thejester
    replied
    Geeeeeeeeeeeloooooooooooong

PS: The Mitch Duncan bandwagon is still accepting passengers, boys.

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    Originally posted by thejester View Post
    Melbourne rubbish and then ferocious. Gotta love footy.
    Not when you are a Melbourne supporter. All this tanking, draft picks, injuries and hot and cold is doing my head in.

Going to give it to the Hawks today, I hope?

Leave a comment:

• ozjohn39
    replied
    "Will he go or will he stay?"

Leave a comment:

• thejester
    replied
    Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
    tj,

Not sure what makes me think it, but can i guess that you are a Geelong 'Cats' fan?

;-)

John.
    Sure am - and feeling my stubborn refusal to ditch the Lingy avatar has been rewarded!

Leave a comment:

• ozjohn39
    replied
    tj,

Not sure what makes me think it, but can i guess that you are a Geelong 'Cats' fan?

;-)

John.

Leave a comment:

• thejester
    replied
    Only two rounds in and already the pre-season assumptions have been turned on their head - Fremantle and Port unbeaten, Adelaide languishing 0-2, Collingwood and the Dogs uneven early, and Melbourne rubbish and then ferocious. Gotta love footy.

Leave a comment:

• ozjohn39
    replied
    GROAN!

SOB!

My beloved 'Bombers' are off to a terrible start season 2010. THUMPED by a team we should have beaten, the Fremantle 'Dockers'.

I have the horrible feeling that I shall not live to see another Essendon premiership.

John.

Leave a comment:

• thejester
    replied
    There's some footage on YouTube somewhere of Benny Graham (who now of course plays for Arizona) unloading a massive kick at Geelong, from the goal square to almost the centre circle...although it had the wind.

Geelong's actually got a bit of a tradition with the NFL and punting; 'Carji' Greeves spent the summer of 1928-29 at the University of Southern California teaching the players how to kick, he allegedly doubled the distance players kicked for field goals and greatly improved accuracy and they won the championship.

PS: If you want to get a sense of what makes Australian Rules truly great I don't think looking at best marks or best goals is particularly helpful; it's the open, ferocious, never-ending nature of the contest that does it. Something like this:

Geelong had lost two of their most important players in Taylor and Scarlett to injury, were fighting back from a deficit and were missing key players to long term injuries. The Hawks needed to win to keep their premiership defence alive. You can see that the players are absolutely exhausted and there's skill errors galore, but nothing demonstrates the drama of the game better.

Leave a comment:

• ozjohn39
    replied
    Nope!

"Long Bombs" long goal scoring kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCPnQDJaUvU

John.

Leave a comment:

• ozjohn39
    replied
    92.1 metres!!!!

In a local club game.

Not sure how this was measured, boot to landing point I suppose.

I shall try and find the 83 metre one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtWuO5WS09Y

John

Leave a comment:

• Rojik
    replied
    Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
    EVERYBODY hates the Collingwood, both team and supporters!
    No. We love Collingwood. Nothing like a good September wobble to make us all laugh.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X