A question for our Aussie members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for our Aussie members

Simple enough question, why do the Aussie national sports teams (e.g. rugby, cricket, football) play in green and gold?

We have 2 sets of colours, national and sporting.

National are red white and blue, from the nations flag, and I cannot give you a reason for the choice of Green and Gold for sporting competition. My initial guess is to differentiate us from the many countries that use the R,W & B

I will try and find out.

John.
    Last edited by ozjohn39; 31 Mar 10, 14:59.
    The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

I think the green and gold idea originally came from the golden wattle, it's even on our coat of arms.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

Sapere aude.

Comment

AB,

Agree!

And the Kangaroo and Emu are two Australian native animals incapable of taking a back-ward step.

John.

(and of course, the Wattle (Acacia), is our Floral Emblem)
        Last edited by ozjohn39; 31 Mar 10, 16:01.
        The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
          Adults Rashid Dostur
          by casanova
          The Warlord Abdul Rashid Dostur came back to Afghanistan and was promoted to military marshal by the Afghanian president Ashraf Ghani. ...
          Today, 00:48
        • casanova
          Alouette III
          by casanova
          The military helicopter Alouette Iii will be staioned off duty in 1923 because of oldness by the Austrian airforce. The Austrian airfoce wants to buy...
          Today, 00:22
        • casanova
          Israel Army
          by casanova
          The Israelian Army stationed all airdefencesystens, tanks and soldiers on the Liban and Syrian border. The Iran wants to attack Israel. Arabian terrorists...
          Yesterday, 23:15
        Working...
        X