NFL Mock Draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Mock Draft thread

I've been thinking we could do one if you are interested. I know Cap. Teancum is on board.

I was thinking we could do it two different ways.
    One would be for everyone to submit their own mock draft.
    Two would mean that we could do the draft where anyone can jump in with a pick, i.e. I'd say Suh for the Rams and someone else would jump in for the Lions and so on.

What do you think? Interested?

BTW, the draft order is as follows:
    1 St. Louis Rams
    2 Detroit Lions
    3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    4 Washington Redskins
    5 Kansas City Chiefs
    6 Seattle Seahawks
    7 Cleveland Browns
    8 Oakland Raiders
    9 Buffalo Bills
    10 Jacksonville Jaguars
    11 Denver Broncos (From Bears)
    12 Miami Dolphins
    13 San Francisco 49ers
    14 Seattle Seahawks (From Broncos)
    15 New York Giants
    16 Tennessee Titans
    17 San Francisco 49ers (From Panthers)
    18 Pittsburgh Steelers
    19 Atlanta Falcons
    20 Houston Texans
    21 Cincinnati Bengals
    22 New England Patriots
    23 Green Bay Packers
    24 Philadelphia Eagles
    25 Baltimore Ravens
    26 Arizona Cardinals
    27 Dallas Cowboys
    28 San Diego Chargers
    29 New York Jets
    30 Minnesota Vikings
    31 Indianapolis Colts
    32 New Orleans Saints

The response to this was underwhelming to say the least. If no one's interested, I'll let it drop.

Comment

I had totally missed this thread so far, sorry mate. I'm in and I'm sure there's more people that would love to have a go at this. We need some more noise here.
      I'm not sure if I can come up with a sound complete draft, but I'll give it my best effort.
      The second option is also pretty cool in my opinion.
      Let's get more people in here. We can right PM to the members that regulary post about football and I think I can stick the thread so it gets more attention.
      All warfare is based on deception.
      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
        I had totally missed this thread so far, sorry mate. I'm in and I'm sure there's more people that would love to have a go at this. We need some more noise here.
        I'm not sure if I can come up with a sound complete draft, but I'll give it my best effort.
        The second option is also pretty cool in my opinion.
        Let's get more people in here. We can right PM to the members that regulary post about football and I think I can stick the thread so it gets more attention.
        Thanks Cap. I am aware of about 40 mock draft websites. They are linked here by one of my favorite Dolphins sites, the phinsider. http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/3/1...around-the-net

A quick perusal of the sites will give a pretty good idea of the players that are out there, as well as the needs of particular teams.

Comment

Tebow going higher in the draft than first expected?

From the ubiquitous Peter King here:

The NFL Draft's a month from today, and this weekend has proven one thing to me: Tim Tebow's going higher than we thought he would.

Even after Tebow performed with much-improved mechanics in his on-campus pro day Wednesday in Gainesville, I thought it might be good enough to get him into the second round, but who wanted to spend a second-rounder in a very deep draft on a guy you might need to redshirt for two years?

But something interesting has happened this weekend. Most agents are happy to tell you where their client will be visiting before the draft and which teams he'll be working out for. A top player is usually happy to talk about a conversation he had with Bill Belichick or advice he got on how to throw the ball from Mike Holmgren. Not Tebow's agent Jimmy Sexton over the weekend. And not Tebow. Both said they'd like to keep the opinions from the teams to themselves, and they'd like to keep which teams are interested to themselves, partly because the teams had requested as much.

Of course, it's an open secret that Washington coach Mike Shanahan worked out Tebow in Gainesville on Saturday, and that Cleveland, Seattle, New England and Buffalo will either do so or already have. But you won't get that from the Tebow camp.

What this tells me is teams interested in Tebow don't want the other teams interested in Tebow to know how interested they are. If, for instance, the Seahawks want to add Tebow to the Matt Hasselbeck/Charlie Whitehurst stable and they hold the 60th overall pick in Round 2 (which I now think will be too low for Tebow), they don't want to telegraph their interest in case they plan to try to move into the 40s to get him. With New England having three picks in the second round (44, 47, 53), the Patriots could be in prime position to take Tebow and groom him as either a long-term replacement for Tom Brady (I don't buy that, with Brady wanting to play eight more years) or as a durable, versatile offensive weapon who could play multiple positions.

I now think Tebow's going in the 28 to 45 range, to a team willing to be patient with him at quarterback and maybe to allow him to help the team in other ways immediately. That's how much he helped himself with the aggressive remaking of his throwing motion at his workout Wednesday.

"I got a lot of slack out of my motion,'' he told me Sunday night. "I'm holding it higher, releasing it quicker. It's kind of like in golf, not going back as far on your backswing. I'm not going back as far with my arm, but I don't feel I'm losing any power or any accuracy when I throw.''

I asked Tebow if he thought he'd be a first-round pick, and there was a long pause.

"Heh-heh,'' he said, chuckling a little uncomfortably. "Not sure. Good question. I believe with all my heart that I'll be an NFL quarterback, but who takes me, and where, I don't know.''

The draft is a month from today. For the next 24 days, Tebow can work out for teams in Gainesville or visit teams for interviews at their facilities. He said he may do another workout for teams in Gainesville. And he said he hasn't decided whether to accept the NFL's invitation to attend the draft in New York -- though he sounded like he wouldn't.

"I've got to figure out what will be more fun for me and best for my family,'' he said. "But I have to say I liked what [Cleveland tackle] Joe Thomas did on the day of the draft a couple of years ago -- he went fishing with his dad.''

If I were him, I'd stay as far away from New York as I could on draft day. If he gets picked low in the first round, the cameras of ESPN and NFL Network will be on him all night. And if he goes undrafted through the first round, all day Friday -- rounds two and three are scheduled for Friday the 23rd -- will be Tim Tebow Watch. But Tebow's life has changed for the better since a lousy Senior Bowl, and he might have done enough to make quarterback-needy teams face a tough decision a month from now.
          Last edited by The Ibis; 22 Mar 10, 12:39.

Comment

Ibis, it is a great idea. Unfortunately I don't have the time to study each team as I'd like or need to for intelligent participation. If I get the chance before draft day I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
              Ibis, it is a great idea. Unfortunately I don't have the time to study each team as I'd like or need to for intelligent participation. If I get the chance before draft day I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Regards,
              Dennis
              If we did option 2, we could assign teams (one or two or however many someone wanted to take on) to individuals. You could then just chime in on a team or two. How does that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                If we did option 2, we could assign teams (one or two or however many someone wanted to take on) to individuals. You could then just chime in on a team or two. How does that sound?
                I'm good with 2-3. Give me my team, the Steelers and whoever. I can manage that.

Now I'll go slap myself for not reading everything........like option 2!

Regards,
                Dennis

Comment

I'm good with 2-3. Give me my team, the Steelers and whoever. I can manage that.

Now I'll go slap myself for not reading everything........like option 2!

Regards,
                  Dennis
                  Thanks Dennis. Lets see if we can round up a few more people and then we can do this.

Comment

Still not picking up momentum... I think we won't get to many people into it. With the Madness on and MLB just around the corner... we lost them all. LOL!

Comment

Oh well. If a few more folks jump on, we can revisit. We've still got a month til the draft.

Thanks Cap and Dennis!

Comment

We won't go down without a fight. Arghhhh! Let's start blackmailing some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                          We won't go down without a fight. Arghhhh! Let's start blackmailing some people.
                          Good Christ Luis! Blackmail is such an ugly word, and it is a criminal offense.

Lets just say we're offering a hand of friendship and protection to those who want to join our Mutual Benevolence Association!

I can guarantee you that basketball isn't keeping me out!

Regards,
                          Dennis

Comment

Good Christ Luis! Blackmail is such an ugly word, and it is a criminal offense.

Lets just say we're offering a hand of friendship and protection to those who want to join our Mutual Benevolence Association!

I can guarantee you that basketball isn't keeping me out!

Regards,
                            Dennis

A Greater ACG Co-Prosperity Sphere?

Comment

We need Doctor S. services...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X