ACG Fantasy Baseball 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG Fantasy Baseball 2010

We are still looking for a couple more teams for this year's season, so far we have the following committed to playing;

cst784
    cst's wife
    Dgfred
    CPangracs
    The Ibis
    Torien

Ideally I would like to have 12 teams competing but we can run with as few as 8 like we did last year.

For those already looking to get involved, I have the league just about set up adding in OPS+SLG on the offensive side and Holds on the pitching side to provide balance and make relief pichers a bit more relevant. Yahoo made provisions to add another Utility player on the offensive side and another pitcher on that side of the house but I was wondering whether or not to include them in our league. Also our teams would be able to be adjusted on a daily basis this year. Your comments would be most welcome.

Tentatively the draft is scheduled for Mar 21, at 6PM Central time, 7PM Eastern, and 4PM Western. While a time change can be done a change indate becomes more difficult. The season starts Monday Mar 29 so any draft on the immediate weekend before does not allow adequate time to adjust rosters in regards to the free agents. While this would not bother me too much I was just thinking one week would give everyone time to get their rosters tweaked to their liking plus provide for those suprises coming out of that last week in spring training.

Last but not least, for the six listed, if we do not get any other players, do we still want to go with a 6 team league? Yahoo allows for this, I just don't know if you would still be interested or not.

Ideally I will set the league in motion on the morning of Friday MAR 5th, and will provide the link to the league and password by noon that day for registration to begin.

Thanks all,
    Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

-bump-

Originally posted by cst784 View Post
    We are still looking for a couple more teams for this year's season, so far we have the following committed to playing;

cst784
    cst's wife
    Dgfred
    CPangracs
    The Ibis
    Torien

Ideally I would like to have 12 teams competing but we can run with as few as 8 like we did last year.

For those already looking to get involved, I have the league just about set up adding in OPS+SLG on the offensive side and Holds on the pitching side to provide balance and make relief pichers a bit more relevant. Yahoo made provisions to add another Utility player on the offensive side and another pitcher on that side of the house but I was wondering whether or not to include them in our league. Also our teams would be able to be adjusted on a daily basis this year. Your comments would be most welcome.

Tentatively the draft is scheduled for Mar 21, at 6PM Central time, 7PM Eastern, and 4PM Western. While a time change can be done a change indate becomes more difficult. The season starts Monday Mar 29 so any draft on the immediate weekend before does not allow adequate time to adjust rosters in regards to the free agents. While this would not bother me too much I was just thinking one week would give everyone time to get their rosters tweaked to their liking plus provide for those suprises coming out of that last week in spring training.

Last but not least, for the six listed, if we do not get any other players, do we still want to go with a 6 team league? Yahoo allows for this, I just don't know if you would still be interested or not.

Ideally I will set the league in motion on the morning of Friday MAR 5th, and will provide the link to the league and password by noon that day for registration to begin.

Thanks all,
    Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Add me to the list please.

Comment

Thanks Brite one!
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Anyone know where we stand?

Comment

I'm starting a league right now if anyone is interested.

If we do an automatic (computer-assigned) draft we can start on week 1.

If not, we can set-up a draft on Easter Sunday or maybe Monday and start playing from week 2.

I need to know as soon as possible. Hopefully there are some of you online today
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

Round 'em up Torien!
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Ok, so far I have heard from:

The Ibis
                BriteLite
                DGFred
                Capt. Teancum

Any other takers?
                We missed the Sunday deadline, so we have a day or two to get our teams registered and a draft underway.

But we need more than 5 teams...
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                  Ok, so far I have heard from:

The Ibis
                  BriteLite
                  DGFred
                  Capt. Teancum

Any other takers?
                  We missed the Sunday deadline, so we have a day or two to get our teams registered and a draft underway.

But we need more than 5 teams...
                  CST? Slick Meister?

Comment

Im always up for another league. Im here if you need more. I need something to keep my mind off the cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Babbadoo11M View Post
                      Im always up for another league. Im here if you need more. I need something to keep my mind off the cubs.
                      Thanks for throwing your hat in the ring.

I am now going to have to bow out of even starting this. I will be absent from the web for a few days and not really sure how soon I will be back. Real world events are intruding upon my virtual life and serenity may not return any time soon.

Sorry.
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                        CST? Slick Meister?
                        I'd love to play, but I simply don't have the time to follow MLB as closely as this would require. Don't get me wrong: reading about and watching baseball morning, 'noon, and night can't be beat, but alas, I have responsibilities which don't allow me such time-consuming pastimes.

Good luck, gentlemen, and enjoy.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                          Thanks for throwing your hat in the ring.

I am now going to have to bow out of even starting this. I will be absent from the web for a few days and not really sure how soon I will be back. Real world events are intruding upon my virtual life and serenity may not return any time soon.

Sorry.
                          Oh well. You tried. Thanks Tor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X