NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    Is he bringing Ron Wolfe out of retirement?
    No, the original Curt Warner!

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
      The Steelers might want to think about a quarterback. Big Ben might be spending some time as a guest of the State of Georgia if the allegations out there have any merit.
      I think Dennis Dixon can play, and Charlie Batch is a fine backup. I wouldn't go QB in the draft if I were them if Roethlisberger does go into the slammer.

Even if he isn't charged, there is no way being that stupid can be simply a gift.........he must also practice to hone his mental incompetence to that high a level.

As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!"

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
        I think Dennis Dixon can play, and Charlie Batch is a fine backup. I wouldn't go QB in the draft if I were them if Roethlisberger does go into the slammer.

Even if he isn't charged, there is no way being that stupid can be simply a gift.........he must also practice to hone his mental incompetence to that high a level.

As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!"

Regards,
        Dennis
        I think you're right on your backups, Dennis. Dixon just needs some playing time and Batch is far better than usually given credit for. In fact it wouldn't surprise if he's not coaching somewhere when his playing days are through. He strikes me as that kind of player. Smart!
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I pitty the fools that will let Suh go... I don't care how much a team can have a need for QB or a WR. If you can go first and you don't take Suh, there's something very wrong with the way your drafting. That kid is pure talent and I think he'll be a legend in the Pros. McCoy (the one from OU, not the QB from Texas) is also very good, but I'm with Suh all the way.
          I would love to see, someone pulling a Jets move (2009 draft) and move top to get him.
          I mean no disrepect to the QBs, Sam, Colt and why not Tim... but players like Suh don't come around that often.
          All warfare is based on deception.
          Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
            I pitty the fools that will let Suh go... I don't care how much a team can have a need for QB or a WR. If you can go first and you don't take Suh, there's something very wrong with the way your drafting. That kid is pure talent and I think he'll be a legend in the Pros. McCoy (the one from OU, not the QB from Texas) is also very good, but I'm with Suh all the way.
            I would love to see, someone pulling a Jets move (2009 draft) and move top to get him.
            I mean no disrepect to the QBs, Sam, Colt and why not Tim... but players like Suh don't come around that often.
            The draft is such an inexact science. I thought Suh was unbelievable, and I worried about Bradford as too much of a system qb, who has also shown some durability concerns. I suppose I'm with you, but let me give you a crazy stat I just heard - top 5 defensive linemen bust at an even higher rate than quarterbacks.

As for Tebow, I just heard former Cowboy asst. gm/player personnel legend Gil Brandt say he thinks Tebow will go in the first round. I was somewhat surprised by that, because not only cannot I not stand him (since he's a Gator), but his throwing motion is not good (although he is supposedly working hard to correct this). Still, Brandt focused on the fact the guy is an unbelievable leader, a winner, and apparently came across ridiculously well in his interviews at the combine. By the way, I think Brandt is at about 95% on his last few years' mock drafts, so he is pretty good at analyzing/guessing these things.

Comment

To be honest, I'm on the opposite side from you on Tebow. I loved to watch him and the Gators. I do think he has a strong leadership and if I would give him a serious opportunity to show what he can do in the Pros. He's not a conventional QB, so what? Build a team around him. It's a risk, I know, but how much worst can a 1-15 or 2-14 team get?

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                To be honest, I'm on the opposite side from you on Tebow. I loved to watch him and the Gators. I do think he has a strong leadership and if I would give him a serious opportunity to show what he can do in the Pros. He's not a conventional QB, so what? Build a team around him. It's a risk, I know, but how much worst can a 1-15 or 2-14 team get?
                Well a team that is 2-14 can't get much worse, but they might not improve either - which is just as bad. In any case, it won't be a top of the draft team that takes him if its in round 1. It will be someone like New England or even Indy who can afford the time to develop him. If he slips to round 2, then it could be anyone really.

Anyone have interest in doing a mock draft thread?

Comment

If you start it, I'm game.
                  As for Tebow, I'm sure you've the most sound aproach on this matter, I'm just blabing out of passion.
                  I'm sure there's very little room for gambling among the teams that had poor results last year...
                  If the 49ers would get him, I would be happy.

Comment

There are no sure things in my book. Of course some play to expectations, but many do not, as the Baker's Dozen segment of first round flops shows.

The consistently successful teams are those who find diamonds in the rough in lower rounds. Then there is this; one year the Steeler's number 1 prompted this headline in the local paper: "JOE WHO???" in the largest font possible.

That man of course was Joe Greene, arguably the most dominant defensive tackle in the history of pro football. It can be a door that swings both ways.

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but we need all off you football lovers to take part on the Mock Draft thread.
                      Please find your way there and do post on it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X