Baseball's back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball's back

Pitchers and catchers have started to report.

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    Pitchers and catchers have started to report.
    This is not necessarily good news for us Pirate fans!

But hope springs eternal! Let's go Bucs!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
      This is not necessarily good news for us Pirate fans!

But hope springs eternal! Let's go Bucs!

Regards,
      Dennis
      Look at the bright here...at least they are not under .500 yet...
      Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Baseball never left. Some places, it's year-round. Even though we can't play here year-round (6" of snow outside right now), you won't find bigger baseball fans anywhere, except maybe Japan or Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
          Baseball never left. Some places, it's year-round. Even though we can't play here year-round (6" of snow outside right now), you won't find bigger baseball fans anywhere, except maybe Japan or Korea.
          Where's here? St. Louis?

Comment

Where's here? St. Louis?
            Other side of Missouri..you know, the "good" side...Kansas City area....

Comment

Other side of Missouri..you know, the "good" side...Kansas City area....
              Then you're absolutely right. Unbelievable baseball fans.

Comment

Then you're absolutely right. Unbelievable baseball fans.
                My 13yo son has been playing since he was 5. If we lived in CA or FL, he'd be playing year-round and be even better than he is. Not many really good ballplayers from the Midwest or NE due to weather. If we lived closer to an indoor facility for baseball, we might have been inclined to spend the money to have him working every day, 6-7 days per week, but we may well have sucked the joy of baseball right out of him doing that. As it is, he's super excited when ball season rolls around.

Comment

My 13yo son has been playing since he was 5. If we lived in CA or FL, he'd be playing year-round and be even better than he is. Not many really good ballplayers from the Midwest or NE due to weather. If we lived closer to an indoor facility for baseball, we might have been inclined to spend the money to have him working every day, 6-7 days per week, but we may well have sucked the joy of baseball right out of him doing that. As it is, he's super excited when ball season rolls around.
                  I think your attitude is refreshing. Too many parents force their kids into sports for their own reasons, not because the kids love them. Lots of articles on that.

Certainly kids in the south, southwest and California (not to mention Latin America) have an advantge in being able to play year-round. That said, I think you might get some serious dispute about "Not many really good ballplayers from the Midwest or NE due to weather." Here is a list of Hall of Famers through 2/09. The top four are New York, Pennsylvania, California and Ohio.

Comment

Not making my daughter just focus on one sport has been a blessing... but she is suffering somewhat now in college tennis because of it. Almost all the girls she is playing now have been playing almost their entire life.
                    But, for me (her too I think) I would never trade the good times of coaching her in softball since she was about 6 years old, and the basketball she played since she was 5. The funny thing is that we never really even tried tennis until the summer before she was to go to high school... so she has only been playing for about 5 years. The result may end up being that she is not burned out as it seems a good number of the girls that have been playing their whole life seem to be. Some of the best players in high school are not even wanting to play in college we have found.
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Ok, I'll say it, and feel free to bash away. Go CUBBIES! This is the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Babbadoo11M View Post
                        Ok, I'll say it, and feel free to bash away. Go CUBBIES! This is the year!
                        I don't have to say anything: your life is chock full of enough suffering as it is.

Yeah. Basball's back. That's good. I'm looking forward to the fix. First the numbers.

We ended 2009 with this:

and we should end 2010 with this:

As a matter of fact, Joe Girardi has already registered the new goal.

All will be right with the moon and the sun and the stars.
                        Last edited by slick_miester; 22 Feb 10, 17:12.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Baseball fans...we are looking for a few good men or women... hell you don't even necessarily have to be good just willing... to join us for ACG's 2010 Fantasy Baseball League. We have 6 already involved and need at least 2 more minimum to get up and running. Throw your name in the hat if interested...
                          Bill

Billy Currington

Comment

A's!!!!
                            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

As stated in the past... A lifelong White Sox fan. This year is once again a crap shoot. Does Minnesota's new park help or hurt their cause? Is this the year Detroit actually lives up to their hype? Can the Sox starting pitching live up to its expectations? These are the 3 main contenders as I see it for the AL Central. Sorry Cleveland I don't think you have the pitching and Kansas City is just soaking up everybody else's rejects and will most likely dwell in the cellar yet again.
                              Bill

Billy Currington

Comment

Working...
                              X