Airsoft, and milsim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft, and milsim

for those who don't know, milsim stands for military simulation, any way i've been trying to find a safe way to incorporate artillery, mortars and shoulder fired rockets/missiles into some airsoft games and have them actually do something more than just shoot one super large BB/nerf football.

any ideas?

and any one here play airsoft?
    the answer is on the floor- john roseberry

A tiger dies and leaves his fur,
    A man dies and leaves his name,
    A teacher dies and teaches death.
    Seikchi Toguchi 1917-1998

nobody has any ideas to help me out?

Comment

Unless you have vehicles and/or fortifications, I don't know what use shoulder fired rockets would be. I also doubt there is much outside the nerf football type mortars you could use without risking injury to players. Anything else could smash someone's skull as it is coming down.

Ben
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Leftie View Post
        Unless you have vehicles and/or fortifications, I don't know what use shoulder fired rockets would be. I also doubt there is much outside the nerf football type mortars you could use without risking injury to players. Anything else could smash someone's skull as it is coming down.

Ben
        i would use it, but one large projectile is kind of useless what i'm looking for is something that will scatter multiple bb's across an area to simulate the explosion and the shrapnel from the explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Jacke View Post
          i would use it, but one large projectile is kind of useless what i'm looking for is something that will scatter multiple bb's across an area to simulate the explosion and the shrapnel from the explosion.
          I'm not sure about mortars, but I do know they make grenade launchers, mines, and I believe they produce an RPG-7. Different models adn companies make different stuff. For example, a land mine won't shoot out BBs, but make noises and blow out a powder. The grenade launcher make a scatter effect like you said, but some just shoot one BB. I'm not sure about the RPG, but I know guys that are really into airsoft, so I'll ask them for you.

Check out these guys, they're a little less expensive, and have quite a bit:
          http://www.airsoftgi.com/advanced_se...enade+launcher
          I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Behold:
            http://www.ebairsoft.com/china-made-...on-p-1363.html
            I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

that RPG and grenade launchers that i've seen so far just work like big shot guns. i do know that they have claymores and frags you can buy.

Comment

I'd get that panzerfaust over the RPG
                "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                  I'd get that panzerfaust over the RPG
                  does it actually simulate an explosion of some sort? (spray bbs on contact?)

Comment

for anyone interested, me and my buddy secured some private land to play on, we've got all the equipment we plan on using for now, and will be playing as soon as the rest of the guys get all their equipment.

Comment

Worry about your infantry tactics lol

ETA-it's a GAME, if you want artillery missions you'll have to do it like the military does, as you can't, hire a referee.Nobody will like it.

Stick to infantry stuff
                      Last edited by BazBear; 08 May 10, 07:08.
                      How far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by BazBear View Post
                        Worry about your infantry tactics lol

ETA-it's a GAME, if you want artillery missions you'll have to do it like the military does, as you can't, hire a referee.Nobody will like it.

Stick to infantry stuff
                        the hope since we're all friends is that we'll all be able to be trusted on the honor system.

my and my friend played some 1v1 to get used to our guns, and just for the fun of it since it seems our friends are taking longer than expected to get their stuff.

so far i think the score is 6-5 his lead. but considering i'm using a pump shottie against M4 AEG, i'd have to say that i work the cover i have pretty well.
                        Last edited by General_Jacke; 15 May 10, 19:53.

Comment

kind of surprised that there aren't more serious milsim airsofters on this site. hmm oh well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X