NFL Playoff Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Playoff Poll

Feel free to jump in! Pick the winners, no point spreads used. I'll keep standings throughout the playoffs. Since the chances for a tie are large we will use tiebreakers, if necessary, in the Super Bowl to determine the winner!

I don't understand the Cowboys vs Eagles. Didn't there used to be a rule that teams from the same division couldn't meet in the first round of the playoffs?

I'm almost completely certain that used to be the case, now I wonder when it was changed. Also interesting are the two repeat games from week 17.

Home teams are in caps.

Wild Card Playoff Games:

Jets vs BENGALS: Saturday 4:30
    Eagles vs Cowboys: Saturday 8:00
    Ravens vs PATRIOTS: Sunday 1:00
    Packers vs CARDINALS: Sunday 4:40
    Last edited by D1J1; 04 Jan 10, 11:00.
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Wild Card Playoff Games:

BENGALS: I think the Bengals are laying a trap for the Jets. Another toss up.
    Cowboys: Despite being the visitors; Cowboys are peaking.
    PATRIOTS : Toss up. Losing Welker hurts, but Ravens not been the Ravens this year.
    Packers: On a roll and possible loss of DRC could kill the Cards.
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
      BENGALS: I think the Bengals are laying a trap for the Jets. Another toss up.
      I don't know about that.That's all I kept hearing from the various pundits,but I don't know.I'm sure the Bengals are saving some tricks for next week,but they were completely dominated by the Jets last night.It's one thing to hold back,but a completely different thing to be blown out and embarassed like that.If the Jets play in Cincinnati the same way they played last night,the Bengals don't stand a chance.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Didn't the Steelers get through yesterday after other results went their way?

Newbies were ordered to sign out the 25m Pipe Range Cleaning Kit. With one end of a 30m rope around his waist and the other tied to the mattress he would struggle for 20 minutes trying to pull it through the range : )

Comment

Originally posted by Gundulph View Post
          Didn't the Steelers get through yesterday after other results went their way?
          No, sadly, no. Texas, the Jets and the Ravens winning were all negative results for my Steelers.

Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

That's a real shame, I watched the match against the Dolphins and thought they had done enough. I am a Raiders fan for my sins! I started watching American Football in the early 80's when it hit the U.K. and the Raiders were a decent side back then, unfortunately they haven't hit those dizzy heights of stardom in recent years but I continue to follow them...

Newbies were ordered to sign out the 25m Pipe Range Cleaning Kit. With one end of a 30m rope around his waist and the other tied to the mattress he would struggle for 20 minutes trying to pull it through the range : )

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
              No, sadly, no. Texas, the Jets and the Ravens winning were all negative results for my Steelers.

Regards,
              Dennis
              I feel a little bad for your fellow Steeler fans who made the trip down here for yesterday's game. I don't think the temperature reached 55. Not that Steeler fans wouldn't have travelled anyway, but I suspect when they looked at the schedule last year, they were hoping for beach weather.

I hadn't seen Big Ben live since his rookie year. That is one big dude. I fear for his longevity, though. His unwillingness to go down when wrapped up by defenders is going to lead to someone taking out his legs, even if accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Gundulph View Post
                That's a real shame, I watched the match against the Dolphins and thought they had done enough. I am a Raiders fan for my sins! I started watching American Football in the early 80's when it hit the U.K. and the Raiders were a decent side back then, unfortunately they haven't hit those dizzy heights of stardom in recent years but I continue to follow them...
                But do you put on face paint and spiked pads?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                  But do you put on face paint and spiked pads?
                  Alas! no I don't

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                    I don't understand the Cowboys vs Eagles. Didn't there used to be a rule that teams from the same division couldn't meet in the first round of the playoffs?
                    That was the case until a few years ago when the NFL began seeding teams in each conference 1 thru 6. The division winners get the top 4 seeds according to record and then the wildcard teams follow with the best record being 5th.

So you could have a case of a division winner being 9-7 and seeded higher than a wildcard team at 11-5 or 12-4.
                    Last edited by R. Evans; 04 Jan 10, 09:45.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Cowboys vs EAGLES: Saturday 8:00

Bengals -I'm not sold on the Jets and believe Richard to be correct. The Bengals were laying low on Sunday.

Eagles - You have this backwards Dennis, the Cowboys are at home. Still I'm picking the Eagles.

Patriots - only because they're at home.

Cardinals - Same as with the Bengals, the Cardinals layed down on Sunday not wanting to show the Packers too much.

Comment

Wild Card Playoff Games:

Jets - the Bengals started most of their starters, and they flopped: the offensive line penalties are inexplicable in a division winner;

COWBOYS - the Eagles are a spent force, I'm saddened to say;

PATRIOTS - They should take this one with little trouble;

Packers - the Cards are too flawed to win this one.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I just noticed that the Cowboys/Eagles game is the primetime Saturday game. Imagine that, Cowboys in primetime. Man, do I hate the Cowboys!

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                            Cowboys vs EAGLES: Saturday 8:00

Bengals -I'm not sold on the Jets and believe Richard to be correct. The Bengals were laying low on Sunday.

Eagles - You have this backwards Dennis, the Cowboys are at home. Still I'm picking the Eagles.

Patriots - only because they're at home.

Cardinals - Same as with the Bengals, the Cardinals layed down on Sunday not wanting to show the Packers too much.
                            Thanks for catching that Bob! I corrected it in my post.

Here are my playoff selections:

Bengals: I concur with you and Richard that the Bengals were holding back. They are simply far better than the Jets.

Cowboys: it makes me gag, but this past week convinced me. There was something on the line in that one!

Ravens: They look to be moving toward rather than away from their peak.

Packers: I don't think last week was all about the Cards laying down.
                            Last edited by D1J1; 04 Jan 10, 20:16.

Comment

Wild Card Playoff Games:

Bengals. The Bengals are playing at home and Mark Sanchez is still a rookie QB. A great year for the Jets Jets Jets but I think the season ends Saturday.

Eagles vs Cowboys: Saturday 8:00

Cowboys I'm not a Cowboys fan and I'm not really sold yet on this one yet. The Cowboys are at home so I'll give them the edge for now.

Patriots Brady is still Brady and he is at home.

Packers The upset of the day.

Thanks Dennis for keeping it going.
                              God Save The Republic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X