Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three point play in basketball: Good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three point play in basketball: Good or bad?

Do you like the three point play in basketball? I don't, basketball was my favorite sport to play when I was a kid and a big part of the game was working it in for a close shot. I feel that getting more points from further out rewards shooting and not overall team play.

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
    Do you like the three point play in basketball? I don't, basketball was my favorite sport to play when I was a kid and a big part of the game was working it in for a close shot. I feel that getting more points from further out rewards shooting and not overall team play.
    I like it, but it should go back to the old ABA distance (25 ft. all around the arc). As it stands now an average jump shot will get you three. Make it a home run, high risk/high reward sort of play, not something any guy on the team can do. You know it is too short when you have guys hitting it in the 40% range.

Comment

I didnt like it at first but quickly learned to love it.
      I love it even more now that a lot of big guys are shooting it.
      It means you gotta gaurd everybody everywhere!
      John
      The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
      It's truly a simple concept.
      Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhbuckeye View Post
        I like it, but it should go back to the old ABA distance (25 ft. all around the arc). As it stands now an average jump shot will get you three. Make it a home run, high risk/high reward sort of play, not something any guy on the team can do. You know it is too short when you have guys hitting it in the 40% range.

I agree, especially the high risk/high reward part, but I also agree that it does take away from the team play aspect of the sport.

What about the shot clock? It too has its good points and bad points.

Comment

I agree it should be 25 feet. The current NBA range is way to short. I can't recall the last time I watched an NBA game from start to finish. The league has major problems and I believe is in decline. College ball is far more entertaining and of course, has a much bigger following.

What can the NBA do to recharge interest?
          God Save The Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
            I agree it should be 25 feet. The current NBA range is way to short. I can't recall the last time I watched an NBA game from start to finish. The league has major problems and I believe is in decline. College ball is far more entertaining and of course, has a much bigger following.

What can the NBA do to recharge interest?
            Hold a WNBA game before each contest. That should put 6 to 8 more fans in the seats.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X