Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U20 World Championship

Great win for the USA.
    Uruguay, Venenzuela, Spain, Ghana looking very good so far.
    All warfare is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Germany has a kid with powerful throw-ins. He is one of those special types able to throw-in a header to a player on the far post.
    The American team of college students on Saturday was an outright embarrassment (incomplete passes, slow passes, poor-movement) in general, but with some notable exceptions. They had some nice long-service balls, but only created a couple good scoring opportunities when playing against the Germans.
    Player to watch:Shea (FC Dallas), & Arguez (Hertha Berlin SC). Shea had a nice run all the way to the goal line, but didn't have the team support to allow a finish. Arguez has professional skill, and produced a nice goal-scoring opportunity when he took a powerdull long ball that bounced off the cross-bar.
    German Players to watch: Jungworth (1860 Munich)

Comment

Thank God we played better today. While there was some embarrassment reminiscent of the Germany game (slow, incomplete passes) that was more the exception than the rule today. Maybe they needed Saturday's game as warm-up to get into competition form.
      Final score against Cameroon:

Team USA: 4
      Cameroon: 1

Comment

On the Matter of England!

I am sorry to report, Stephane (Boonierat), that your adopted English youth team is out of the competition, having fallen to Uruguay and the nation of Ghana.

Uruguay 1: England 0
        Ghana 4: England 0

Ghana player to watch: Dominic Adiyiah, who plays in Norway, and scored in the 38' and 88' of the game against England.

Comment

Ahh well, let's hope their peers will do better in 2010

Comment

Rojas in Venenzuela is one of the players I've enjoyed watching. Spain has loads of great players, with Fran Merida and Nsue as 2 of my personal favorites.
            Costa Rica prooved to be too strong for the Aussies and Hungary is now up 2-0 on South Africa. Brazil are still 0-0 with the Czecks.

Comment

WOW. Ghana just won the U-20 World Cup against Brazil on sudden death PKs! I'm glad they won it. I thought they looked better and played better and smarter than the Brazilians, but Ghana's PKs were weak. They got a gift from God when one of the Brazilians knocked it over the crossbar on what would have won the game for Brazil.

Comment

It was sad that the ref ruined a beautifull final. At the end of the day Ghana were one of the most exciting teams to watch.
                Kudos to them. This week we have the U17 WC in Nigeria. Looking forward to see the future stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                  It was sad that the ref ruined a beautifull final. At the end of the day Ghana were one of the most exciting teams to watch.
                  Kudos to them. This week we have the U17 WC in Nigeria. Looking forward to see the future stars.
                  Speaking of the U-17 World Cup, I have positive news concerning the Americans from Yanks Abroad .
                  Cabrera has seen his team come together and earn a series of impressive results. In July, the USA won the Copa Macae in Brazil outscoring all opponents 14-2 over six games. In September, the team had a successful trip to London that was highlighted by a 3-1 win over Chelsea FC's U17 side.
                  On the down side the article says that there are 3 notable players missing from the roster. All 3 players that are missing had signed professional academy deals within the past year with European teams.

Comment

Switzerland beating Mexico 2-0.
                    Honduras - Argentina still 0-0.
                    Looking forward for Nigeria-Germany later on.
                    Curious about the US team.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                      Curious about the US team.
                      We will see Monday nght...
                      Team USA - Spain

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                        We will see Monday nght...
                        Team USA - Spain
                        Hey Hey!!
                        USA scores in the 4th minute against big bad Spain!

Goal scored by forward JACK MCINERNEY from Georgia.

Damnit...Spain picked up the pace after an anemic first 10 minutes and an early substitute. Spain's Borja has picked up the equalizer in the 22 minute with an assist by Pablo Sarabia.

Score now at Spain 2:1 USA
                        Last edited by Cicero; 26 Oct 09, 14:31.

Comment

I only got home now, but I'm on my way to watch the last minutes of this game on the FIFA site.
                          Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Do you know what is sad??
                            These kids are clearly better than the USA U20 team.

Aqui, tengo problemas con mi servicio de cable y por eso, hay que mirar el juego en la canal de Espanol...me siento como traicionero.

Comment

Damn it damn it damn it!! The US attacks kept coming. But fortress Espana refused to break.

Oh well... good game. As I said, these kids are good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X