Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA in Confederations Cup Final

Team USA, shocked the soccer world.
    Spain had not lost any of the previous 35 games (which is a world record) and had won all last 15 (also a world record) when they faced the US yesterday in South Africa.
    Altidore and Dempsey made the European Champions come to an halt in their current run.
    After a huge 3-0 win over Egypt, the win over Spain is making sure critics realize why the US team is 13th in FIFA rankings.
    Unless, another, major upset happens later today, Brazil will play the american team in Sunday final.
    Brazil did beat the US 3-0 in group stage but the americans had 2 balls hit the post and could had made a closer score...
    If you're yhinking about making some money, I'm not sure beating against the americans is a sure deal.
    Kudos to a great underdog team.
    All warfare is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

..fantastic result, certainly the US has some talented individuals in it, perhaps Bruce Arena stayed for too long...??

Comment

Speaking of talented, where is Freddy Adu (USA), Ronaldinho, and Ronaldo (Brazil)?

Those poor Spaniards...I bet they would have much preferred to have gone home last weekend and watched the game from Castile, rather than stick around South Africa to wait and play in the loser's final!
      Last edited by Cicero; 25 Jun 09, 07:36.

Comment

What a match , congrats to the USA team.

The pressure Spain put out at the end was scary to watch , talk about deperate.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Yeah, but the American team was on top of it. Every time the Spaniards looked like they just got a lucky gift from God break to shoot on goal, all of sudden, out of nowhere the ball would suddenly have to make it through 2 US MNT players and then still have the goal keeper behind them! They were great! Played 1st rate for the first 30-40min then began to get a little tired. Rejuvenated after halftime we kept them on their toes and my boy from Texas, Clint Dempsey (who needs to shave cause he's begining to look like a terrorist) eeked in behind the Spanish Defense and swiped it through!
          Men of the Match:
          1. Altidore (guy I want most on my team!)
          2. Donavon (Man was everywhere, energizer bunny with heart)
          3. GK Tim Howard (AKA the Wall)

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
            Speaking of talented, where is Freddy Adu (USA), Ronaldinho, and Ronaldo (Brazil)?

Those poor Spaniards...I bet they would have much preferred to have gone home last weekend and watched the game from Castile, rather than stick around South Africa to wait and play in the loser's final!
            Adu was on the bench. They made too much noise about him when he was on the U17 team, but he failed to show anything with Benfica. Which, by the way, may prove to be the worst decision he ever made.
            He was playing, on loan, with Monaco last season. Still, he fail to show anything.
            Ronaldinho is spoiled and a brat and Dunga will have none of it, as for Ronaldo, although the Fenomano, seems to be getting back to some glory, with Corinthians, he's still to fat to play for the national team.

Comment

Thank you. They said the same thing about Ronaldo in '06, but from what little we get here, he looked good in club play or other international games cause I know I've seen him playing recently and I thought it lived up to the name, unlike Ronaldino. Now KaKa in the Egypt game, I believe, played nice and Brazilian. He'd recieve the ball, turn, play it high? Ok, send it over D's head, sprint around, meet D2. Play it low? Ok one touch low sprint around, take shot and score GOAALLLL!!

Comment

Yes, I watched the match, it was on the BBC. I though that the USA certainly deserved it, their defence was brillant. A great credit to them to beat the best team in the world at the moment and end their run of 35 unbeaten games.
                War is less costly than servitude

Comment

Final is tomorrow. With almost all professional football in summer vacation, this game is getting a lot of attention.

Comment

Yippeee!! I can't wait to watch! only 16hrs 'till the Spain game and then 3 more till USA vs Brazil!! (that's 3 more after the Spain game ends)
                    I saw that Freddy Adu will be on hand for the Gold Cup in July. I want to see him play.

Comment

Game ON!!

All right team, IT'S HAMMERTIME!

Comment

US up
                        1 to nothing
                        in the 9th minute
                        Last edited by Cicero; 28 Jun 09, 14:24. Reason: US leads Two to Nothing at the half

Comment

Nooooooooooooooo
                          2:2 73rd minute
                          Last edited by Cicero; 28 Jun 09, 15:16. Reason: Nooooooooooo! 3:2 Brazil 85th minute.

Comment

Alexi Lawless: They can take comefort in their play in the 1st half.
                            It's one thing to see the Promise Land; It's another thing to get there.
                            Coming out of the 1st half they could see the Promise Land.
                            They are going to talk about this game for a long time.
                            This will be the one that got away.

Comment

Congrats to the USA on their excellent play, sign of good things to come .
                              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X