Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta Braves Fans!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atlanta Braves Fans!

    Our first spring training game is an away game today, we are facing the Tigers at 1:05pm.

    Jair Jurrgens is our starter going up against Justin Verlander. It looks like Cox and Mcdowell are trying to get a lot of guys innings. Here is the pitching breakdown for todays game:

    Jurrjens and left-hander Jo-Jo Reyes are scheduled to pitch two innings apiece, followed by relievers Manny Acosta, Stephen Marek and lefties Eric O’Flaherty and Juan Perez.

    Also, Chipper Jones and Garret Anderson are the only starters not scheduled to make the 20 minute trip.

    No, game against the Georgia Bulldogs or Georgia Tech Yellowjackets this year, from what I read they want to get the guys that are playing in the World Baseball Classic some at bats against Major League pitching before they report to the WBC teams this weekend.

    Wow, I am so excited to finally get baseball underway!! I don't care if it is just Grapefruit League and I can't even watch the game.

    Go Braves!!! Oh and just in case you haven't seen the odds we are 3-to-1 to win the NL East.
    Last edited by A7V; 25 Feb 09, 09:20.

  • #2
    I just found out that tomorrow at 1pm EST on ESPN the Braves vs. Astros game will be shown.

    It is a home game for Atlanta and Tommy Hanson is getting the start!

    If you are a Braves fan and haven't read up on Tommy Hanson then for shame. According to Baseball America he is #4 out of the top 100 prospects in the country this year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by A7V View Post
      I just found out that tomorrow at 1pm EST on ESPN the Braves vs. Astros game will be shown.

      It is a home game for Atlanta and Tommy Hanson is getting the start!

      If you are a Braves fan and haven't read up on Tommy Hanson then for shame. According to Baseball America he is #4 out of the top 100 prospects in the country this year.

      Yeah, he is supposed to be the 'real deal' .

      As far as the 3-1 odds - does that mean the Phillies are 1-1 and the Mets are 2-1 ?
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

      Comment


      • #4




        Last edited by The Doctor; 25 Feb 09, 10:36.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

        Comment


        • #5
          2/25 Braves vs. Tigers Boxscore

          Sadly the Braves lost by 1 run....

          Jordan Schafer had a good day, Francoeur was 0-4 and Jurrgens was horrible and threw a wild pitch.

          I am so happy it is just the first game of spring training.

          Code:
           Line Score
          
           
          
          GPFT  FINAL
                                 1  2  3   4  5  6   7  8  9   R  H  E
                                 -  -  -   -  -  -   -  -  -   -  -  -
            ATLANTA              0  0  0   0  3  0   1  0  0   4  7  1
            DETROIT              1  1  0   1  0  0   1  1  x   5 11  1   FINAL
          
                            WP - FU-TE NI (1-0)
                            LP - JUAN PEREZ (0-1)
                          SAVE - KYLE BLOOM (1)
          
          
               HOME RUNS:  ATL - JORDAN SCHAFER (1) OFF EDDIE BONINE IN THE 7TH
          
                    TIME: 2:39                   ATT: 6,086
          
          
           
           Box Score
           
          
           
          
          ATLANTA (4) AT DETROIT (5)
          
           ATLANTA          AB  R  H BI  DETROIT          AB  R  H BI
           J Anderson cf     3  1  1  0  C Granderson cf   3  1  1  0 
           B Jones cf        2  0  0  0  R Raburn cf       1  0  0  0 
           Y Escobar ss      2  1  1  0  P Polanco 2b      3  0  1  0 
           B Hicks ss        1  0  0  0  R Santiago 2b     2  1  2  1 
           B McCann c        1  0  0  1  M Ordonez rf      2  0  1  0 
           C Sammons c       1  0  1  0  B Clevlen pr-rf   1  0  0  0 
           C Kotchman 1b     2  0  1  0  M Cabrera 1b      2  0  1  1 
           F Freeman 1b      2  0  1  2  J Larish 1b       2  0  0  0 
           J Francoeur dh    4  0  0  0  C Guillen lf      3  0  0  0 
           K Johnson 2b      2  0  1  0  C Wells pr-lf     1  0  1  1 
           B Conrad 2b       2  0  0  0  M Thames dh       2  0  0  0 
           M Diaz lf         1  0  0  0  W Ramirez ph-dh   1  0  0  0 
           J Heyward rf      2  0  0  0  G Laird c         3  2  2  0 
           M Prado 3b        2  0  0  0  D Ryan c          1  0  0  0 
           D Hernandez 3b    2  0  0  0  B Inge 3b         2  0  2  0 
           J Schafer rf-lf   4  2  1  1  M Hessman 3b      2  0  0  0 
           J Jurrjens p      0  0  0  0  A Everett ss      1  0  0  1 
           J Reyes p         0  0  0  0  C Iorg ss         1  1  0  0 
           M Acosta p        0  0  0  0  J Verlander p     0  0  0  0 
           S Marek p         0  0  0  0  Z Miner p         0  0  0  0 
           E O'Flaherty p    0  0  0  0  B Lyon p          0  0  0  0 
           J Perez p         0  0  0  0  B Seay p          0  0  0  0 
                                         E Bonine p        0  0  0  0 
                                         F Ni p            0  0  0  0 
                                         K Bloom p         0  0  0  0 
           TOTALS           33  4  7  4  TOTALS           33  5 11  4
          
           ATLANTA                   000 030 100 --  4
           DETROIT                   110 100 11x --  5
          
           E--B Hicks, B Inge. DP--ATLANTA 1, DETROIT 1. 
           LOB--ATLANTA 6, DETROIT 11. 2B--K Johnson, G 
           Laird. 3B--G Laird. HR--J Schafer 1 (1) (off E 
           Bonine). SB--J Anderson 1 (1), J Schafer 1 (1). 
           SF--B McCann, M Cabrera, A Everett.
                                             IP   H   R  ER  BB  SO  HR
            ATLANTA
           J Jurrjens                         2   4   2   2   1   0   0
           J Reyes                            2   3   1   1   0   2   0
           M Acosta                           1   1   0   0   1   0   0
           S Marek                            1   0   0   0   0   1   0
           E O'Flaherty                       1   2   1   1   1   2   0
           J Perez (L,0-1)                    1   1   1   1   2   1   0
            DETROIT
           J Verlander                        2   1   0   0   2   0   0
           Z Miner                            2   2   0   0   0   2   0
           B Lyon                             1   2   3   0   1   0   0
           B Seay                             1   0   0   0   0   3   0
           E Bonine                           1   2   1   1   0   0   1
           F Ni (W,1-0)                       1   0   0   0   0   0   0
           K Bloom (S,1)                      1   0   0   0   0   2   0
          
           WP--J Jurrjens. SO--ATL: J Schafer 2, J Anderson,
           B Conrad, J Heyward, B Jones, D Hernandez. DET: P 
           Polanco, M Ordonez, J Larish, C Iorg, D Ryan, W 
           Ramirez. BB--ATL: Y Escobar, B McCann, M Diaz. 
           DET: M Ordonez, M Thames, B Clevlen, R Raburn, C 
           Iorg. T--2:39. A--6,086.
          Last edited by A7V; 25 Feb 09, 15:54.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by A7V View Post
            Sadly the Braves lost by 1 run....

            Jordan Schafer had a good day, Francoeur was 0-4 and Jurrgens was horrible and threw a wild pitch.

            I am so happy it is just the first game of spring training.

            [...]
            Aren't box scores just the coolest things?

            I still love to buy a scorecard and score the games that I go to...
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

            Comment


            • #7
              Can someone get me some Cracker Jacks?
              All warfare is based on deception.
              Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                Aren't box scores just the coolest things?

                I still love to buy a scorecard and score the games that I go to...
                I love doing that! It really gets you into the game, you have to pay attention.

                My uncle used to score games while listening to the radio, I think it gave him a visual of what he was hearing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Love keeping scores and stats, I do that for all my daughter's sports: Softball, Basketball and even Tennis . I even have her stats for youth
                  rec soccer and T-ball when she was 6 and 7 years old . Fun to look back.
                  SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by A7V View Post
                    I love doing that! It really gets you into the game, you have to pay attention.

                    My uncle used to score games while listening to the radio, I think it gave him a visual of what he was hearing.
                    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                    Love keeping scores and stats, I do that for all my daughter's sports: Softball, Basketball and even Tennis . I even have her stats for youth
                    rec soccer and T-ball when she was 6 and 7 years old . Fun to look back.
                    I used to be in a Strat-o-Matic baseball league...We'd draft teams and play a 162 game schedule, play-offs, World Series...We'd even "publish" weekly stats leaders...

                    Baseball and statistics go together like hot dogs and beer...
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have been a Braves fan most of my life, you will notice what shirt I am wearing in my posted picture (at school no less). I have yet to look into this years team, but recently I had a chance to look into a team from years gone by.

                      Recently my wife and I moved into a new house. A few weeks later I was still un-packing, and came across a box which had sat in the attic of our old house for years. It was packed with a bunch of old VHS tapes, complete with a still working VCR.

                      On days when I am home with her (her hair is growing back, but she still doesn't have much energy), I sometimes go downstairs where I set the VCR up on an old TV. Just a few days ago on one of the tapes I found Game One of the 1999 World Series, Braves vs. Yankees.

                      Of course I knew the outcome, but it was fun to watch. Those were the Braves I most cherished, Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, the Jones boys, Brian Jorden, Walt Weitz, Javy Lopez, Eddie Perez, John Rocker, etc all. For those who may not remember, Maddux pitched that game into the eight inning, giving up only three hits until that point. Chipper Jones hit a solo home run which stood as the only run the Braves would score in that game. And of course the Yankees woulf go on to sweep the series.

                      But for a few minutes I got to watch some of my baseball heros play again, just as if it were happening now. For a few precious moments down in my basement, time stood still. I love baseball.
                      Last edited by Martok; 26 Feb 09, 09:49.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh, by the way, Doc, on another tape I later found Game Six of that years NLCS.

                        You remeber that one, right? The Braves beat the Mets to advance to that years World Series?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Martok View Post
                          I have been a Braves fan most of my life, you will notice what shirt I am wearing in my posted picture (at school no less). I have yet to look into this years team, but recently I had a chance to look into a team from years gone by.

                          Recently my wife and I moved into a new house. A few weeks later I was still un-packing, and came across a box which had sat in the attic of our old house for years. It was packed with a bunch of old VHS tapes, complete with a still working VCR.

                          On days when I am home with her (her hair is growing back, but she still doesn't have much energy), I sometimes go downstairs where I set the VCR up on an old TV. Just a few days ago on one of the tapes I found Game One of the 1999 World Series, Braves vs. Yankees.

                          Of course I knew the outcome, but it was fun to watch. Those were the Braves I most cherished, Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, the Jones boys, Brian Jorden, Walt Weitz, Javy Lopez, Eddie Perez, John Rocker, etc all. For those who may not remember, Maddux pitched that game into the eight inning, giving up only three hits until that point. Chipper Jones hit a solo home run which stood as the only run the Braves would score in that game. And of course the Yankees woulf go on to sweep the series.

                          But for a few minutes I got to watch some of my baseball heros play again, just as if it were happening now. For a few precious moments down in my basement, time stood still. I love baseball.
                          I have been a Braves fan since the late 80's. My favorite time period is late 90's on up. Those were the days for sure. They had the best staff and exciting offense. Been hoping for a return to those days. I look for this year to be the start of things to come. Rebuilding the staff and some young good bats coming.

                          Go Braves!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Martok View Post
                            Oh, by the way, Doc, on another tape I later found Game Six of that years NLCS.

                            You remeber that one, right? The Braves beat the Mets to advance to that years World Series?
                            I watched one of those games...I forget which one...in the lobby bar of the Danbury CT Hilton... It was the Connecticut Limo (a bus) drop-off spot for the Laguardia AP - Danbury Route. My Dad picked me up there and we watched the end of the game...I miss my Dad.

                            From time I was a little kid our Dad immersed us in baseball. He had grown up a Pirates fan...How? I don't know. He was born in Georgia, grew up on a farm in Florida and lived in Connecticut from the 1940's till he passed away about 5 years ago. He eventually became a Mets fan...And then TBS turned him into a Braves fan...when the Mets sucked...Which was often.

                            I watched my Dad out-manage just about every manager in baseball from his "Armchair." He had a knuckle-ball that I never could learn to hit...or catch...
                            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My dad had a good knuckleball too, and taught me how to throw it when I was about 10... was the bane of my little league opponents for about 3 yrs .
                              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X