Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Rod admits using performance-enhancers

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

I think we may be shocked at the number of players in every sport that used them, most to rehabilitate injuries quicker. Although many probably used to bulk up/etc...
    I wouldn't be surprised now about anybody, and I mean that.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I'm no longer surprised whenever an athlete admits to using steroids. I think the only big star MLB players that are not juicers are Griffey and R. Johnston.
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

I thought that this was Andy Roddick you were talking about and was genuinely shocked. That immediately reversed itself when I found out you're talking about a baseball player. Can anyone be seriously surprised?
        Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

Duh, duh, I don't know what I took.

What a moron!

Comment

He doesn't know what he took, and of course he only took them through '03 when they weren't specifically banned.

To deny knowing what he ingested is the mark of a liar and idiot. However the phenomena is nothing new. Before 'roids it was bennies/greenies to pick up performance. The ancient Greeks cheated in the Olympics too.

Same play, just different costumes.
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Anyone remember the Barry Bonds thread? I was adamant about the hundreds of players who took steroids, and was soundly trounced. I said that EVERYONE was doing it. While not absolutely true, it's close enough.

These atheletes make a choice - to possibly ruin their bodies and make multiple millions of dollars per year, wow the fans and give them what they want. When we, the fans, and more specifically, those d!ckheads in Congress, then turn around and try to shame, destroy and even lock-up players for giving us what we want, it's all a huge pile of crap!

Vote with your wallets. If you don't like the sport, don't patronize it. Football has been THE center of steroid use in sports for decades now, and bodybuilding has a KNOWN "steroid" division, and you don't see THEM being hauled in front of Congress.

It's all ludicrous and surreal.

BTW, *A-Rod and the others...enjoy your asterisks, boys!

Comment

stupid? Yes..."NAIVE"? ..don't think so...

A-Roid stated that he was "stupid and naive". I contend that he knew exactly what he was doing and had the hubris to think that he would never get caught. IMHO he should give back those hundreds of millions that he took because now his performances are suspect as are the outcomes of all the games he played. I wonder if the Yankees would have fared so well these past few years had he been more honest in his efforts. Would he have made those plays, gotten those batting averages? Unfortunately, that's all under the bridge and MLB has lost its pristine glow. No longer can young boys and girls look at their favorite baseball player as a role model because the trust just isn't there anymore...

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                  Anyone remember the Barry Bonds thread? I was adamant about the hundreds of players who took steroids, and was soundly trounced. I said that EVERYONE was doing it. While not absolutely true, it's close enough.

These atheletes make a choice - to possibly ruin their bodies and make multiple millions of dollars per year, wow the fans and give them what they want. When we, the fans, and more specifically, those d!ckheads in Congress, then turn around and try to shame, destroy and even lock-up players for giving us what we want, it's all a huge pile of crap!

Vote with your wallets. If you don't like the sport, don't patronize it. Football has been THE center of steroid use in sports for decades now, and bodybuilding has a KNOWN "steroid" division, and you don't see THEM being hauled in front of Congress.

It's all ludicrous and surreal.

BTW, *A-Rod and the others...enjoy your asterisks, boys!
                  Oh boy do I remember that thread .
                  There was NO doubt about Bonds doing them, and it was suspected that a whole bunch more were doing them too. Do you think things would be different if Bonds, Clemens, etc. would have just admitted it like A-Rod???

Comment

..those little blue pills ..

I wonder if Madonna is after him to use those OTHER performance enhancing drugs...

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                      Oh boy do I remember that thread .
                      There was NO doubt about Bonds doing them, and it was suspected that a whole bunch more were doing them too. Do you think things would be different if Bonds, Clemens, etc. would have just admitted it like A-Rod???
                      Maybe, but that's not the point...the reason Bonds was crucified is because he didn't grovel to the press, and never did. For everything that's been said against him, did you see how many fans were at the ballparks, screaming FOR Bonds as he was going for the record? These were fans who understood that Baseball is now and always will be a kid's game, played by overpaid adults, and it just doesn't matter.

A-rod won't get near the amount of crap because he's loved, he's schtupping Madonna, and he's ONLY admitted to using them BEFORE they were "banned". This IS BS, because we all know he's still using them....

Comment

Yeah, you are right. Bonds was a big jerk, but excellent baseball hitting jerk. I don't know if A-Rod would be using now, but I'm sure he probably did use much more than he admitted.

Comment

Well, I could care less if they issued steroids to players when they sign a big league contract. Being in the medical field and participating in sports myself, I have a clue about them and their benefits, and there are many if used correctly. I'll also continue to watch sports, because they entertain me, and no amount of indignant chest-pounding will change that.

The ONLY thing that can ruin sports is the involvement of the Federal Government....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X