Ready For American Football Yet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready For American Football Yet??

My two baseball teams stink. The Indians are mired in a 10 game losing streak and the Pirates just cannot seem to get to a .500 record. Baseball's over for me.

So let's bring on football!! Ohio State is preseason ranked in the Top 5 and the Cleveland Browns actually had a winning season last year so I can't wait to see what happens this year.

OSU will probably go undefeated and then lose to a SEC team in the BCS Championship and the Browns, with all the hopes and dreams of Cleveland riding on them, will probably finish 6-10.

Still, I can't wait for football!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Absolutely ready! Training camp opens in a couple of weeks and I hope to get up 2-3 times before school starts.

Here we go STEELERS! Here we go!

Here's hoping the Panthers do better than Joe Pa's minions and stomp the living dog turd out of the Mountaineers!

Bucs 2 Yankees 0 this evening. Not bad so far for once!
    Last edited by D1J1; 11 Jul 08, 02:46.
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

My baseball team (Braves) isn't doing any good, my NFL team (49ers) will probably do even worst so I'm counting on BYU to have another great season to keep me happy.
      Almost forgot, the Bombers (Essendon) are also not doing good.
      All warfare is based on deception.
      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
        My baseball team (Braves) isn't doing any good, my NFL team (49ers) will probably do even worst so I'm counting on BYU to have another great season to keep me happy.
        Almost forgot, the Bombers (Essendon) are also not doing good.
        They've won three on the trot, not so bad.

I'll enjoy it if the Patriots fall in a heap.
        Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

Sorry to say but until the World Series is complete, football to me will stay second fiddle. My team is currently suprising me by occupying the top slot in their division by a slim 2.5 game lead. Suprising because I still had grave reservations about their starting pitching going into the season. Their hitting continues to be a complete mystery as it shows up for 2-3 games then once again disappears for a week. Yes I do refer to the Chicago White Sox. Frankly, my biggest worry this season was how could we somehow chase down Cleveland as I never thought Detroit had the pitching staff needed for them to win the division let alone be a World Series contender that the buffoons from Bristol claimed they would be. As for football, I have some hope for my beloved Bears as we no longer have to be concerned with Cedric Benson. Now all we have to worry about is can our quarterback preform and if he can who will catch the ball on that receiving corps. Is Urlacher's back healthy enough to last a full season? What about Mike Brown in the safety position can he make it more than 4 games for once without catastrophic injury ending his season yet again? On second thought, maybe I should just continue to enjoy baseball in Chicago.
          Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X