NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft

A couple of things, interminable mock drafts have to be the most worthless exercises in futility ever. Also, 3 days to go through 7 rounds? Gimme a break. While not wishing bad on anyone, perhaps the virus crisis will help shorten that incredibly boring process. And yes, I do truly enjoy the NFL, so this isn't a rant by a non-fan.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

I agree that making it a 3 day event is too much. The revenue from TV is too enticing.

I'm surprised Roger Goodell is going to have the 2020 draft as planned, April 23-25. He's getting negative responses to his decision.
    Last edited by Reimnitz; 01 Apr 20, 13:32.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

As you say, it is all about the money, but at least some of the circus atmosphere will be gone.........I hope! Back in the 60s and 70s they drafted many more rounds, and in one day. Get back to one day, I could not care less about what outfit some kid wore to the spectacle. The team that picks him won't get any points on the scoreboard for fashion!

Regards,
      Dennis

Comment

The Draft starts today, What player do you want your team to draft in the first round?

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

My boys got their pick last season, Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

So, you are a Steelers fan, huh? Do you have a preference in what they draft this year?

Pruitt

Comment

I'd go with either a 3 down RB or deep threat wideout first. Inside backer would be next for me, then O and D line. Lots of talk about a QB, but that is nutty in my view. Ben, by all accounts, is doing well from his surgery. Next year for that as his contract is up after 2021.

What do you want for your guys?

Regards,
              Dennis

Comment

I'm looking for the Patriots to draft offensive tackles and defensive linemen with their top picks. They have to rebuild and these players have the longest careers, so if they pick well these players should be in their prime in three, four, or five years, when maybe they will be good again. I suspect Belichick will do his usual nonsense of moving up, moving down, moving up again, etc. instead of just making the picks.

Hard to pick well enough to replace two first-ballot Hall of Famers who were driven off.

Comment

Patriots did draft down, trading the 23rd pick for two - the 37th and 71st.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                    Patriots did draft down, trading the 23rd pick for two - the 37th and 71st.
                    Good call on your part. I just can't watch the live broadcast. It is simply too damn boring! I do check the paper for their take on the picks as I find that much more informed about the team, better quality reporting and a much more efficient use of my time.

Regards,
                    Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                      I'm looking for the Patriots to draft offensive tackles and defensive linemen with their top picks. They have to rebuild and these players have the longest careers, so if they pick well these players should be in their prime in three, four, or five years, when maybe they will be good again. I suspect Belichick will do his usual nonsense of moving up, moving down, moving up again, etc. instead of just making the picks.

Hard to pick well enough to replace two first-ballot Hall of Famers who were driven off.
                      Good point it’s gonna be tough For New England without Gronkowski and Brady. I can’t believe they both went to Tampa Bay one wonder if that was some sort of a ploy they both set up a few years back

At this point the patriots lore is coming down to your head coach as well as coordinators. Tho I could be overlooking some of the position players other than Brady and grande Kowski from last year
                      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                        A couple of things, interminable mock drafts have to be the most worthless exercises in futility ever. Also, 3 days to go through 7 rounds? Gimme a break. While not wishing bad on anyone, perhaps the virus crisis will help shorten that incredibly boring process. And yes, I do truly enjoy the NFL, so this isn't a rant by a non-fan.

Regards,
                        Dennis
                        Well the commissioner claimed it was the highest rated draft of all time. It was certainly odd wasn’t it. There are some bets going as to which draftee would have more than 10 people friends and family watching the draft with him did any of the draftee these have that if you saw?

I don’t think Joe burrow is very happy to go to Cincinnati. Lets hope that the season starts in September with some fans we really need to return to normalcy when it comes to sports and iview
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

The Saints threw me a curve ball. I was hoping for a Linebacker or a Wide Out. The best Linebacker was gone and they went for a Center (?). The top choice last year was a Center and he started! They did get a LB, but not a really high rated one in the 3rd. All the good WR's with speed were now gone. We did get an interesting TE, though. I think Sean Payton did a good job misleading everyone.

Pruitt

Comment

In a related story, Gov Whitmer has extended our lockdown until the Detroit Lions win the Superbowl...

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                              In a related story, Gov Whitmer has extended our lockdown until the Detroit Lions win the Superbowl...
                              Well, until then or the gates of Hell freeze shut, whichever comes first!

Local reports are the Steelers had a first round grade on Claypool who ran the second fastest combine time ever for a receiver his size, 6'4", 238 lb. My take on any teams draft is always lets see what happens when they play for real.

Regards,
                              Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X