Football - Euro 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football - Euro 2008

Anyone following the games? Portugal made a good impression on its first game, and so has Holland, with a resounding 3-0 victory over Italy France on the other hand have been completely pathetic vs Romania

I certainly am!

I wouldn´t say France was THAT bad. Romania ain´t pushover, but yesterday they were totally toothless against France. So at least France did something right, eh?

Italian defense... now that was pathetic! The loss of Cannavaro was showing indeed.

Today we´ll see if the Spain is as tough on the field as it is on paper. Russian defense better be prepared.

Comment

I am following Germany through the Tournament. I saw the highlights of them defeating Poland Two Nil. They play Croatia on Thursday. TV Coverage is non existent but I should be able to glean some stuff of the internet.

Portugal and Czech Republic are looking good out of Group A
      Group B have Germany and Croatia that are both doing well. I am looking forward to their match on Thursday.
      Group C Holland and Romania don't look too bad. France and Italy have both played poorly thus far. It's going to be interesting to see if they can improve their game.
      Group D - Even though no one has played yet, I would give the nod to Spain and Greece.

I cannot believe England have to sit out this year. I would be interested to hear if the English are still watching the Tournament.

Ben
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

I'm going for the Germans too . The big Orange looked impressive.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Kaki View Post
          Today we´ll see if the Spain is as tough on the field as it is on paper. Russian defense better be prepared.
          Looks like they weren't, Spain just smashed the russians 4-1

Comment

Dutch still looked the best so far. Beating Russia is one thing but demolishing Italy is a whole different level.

HP
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Spain 4 -1 Russia
              The score is good, but I'm happy because Spain played really really good, as a compact team with good vision and fresh ideas. Let's see if they carry on like this throughout the championship.
              Last edited by Cheo; 10 Jun 08, 15:07.
              Echo de menos mi isla.

Comment

Portugal were the first qualified for the quarter finals last nite after a superb victory over the Czechs 3-1

Last edited by Boonierat; 12 Jun 08, 00:46.

Comment

Portugal is my outside pick to win the EM 08.

Turkey - Swiss was a hard fought game last night. I actually enjoyed watching it and I'm not a 'football' fan.

Comment

78th minute and Germany is trailing Croatia 1 - 2

Comment

Dang it, I probably jinxed the Germans by going for them .
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Looking forward to Holland vs France.

The Dutch looked pretty damned good the other night, doesn't bode well for Scotlands chances in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaki View Post
                          I wouldn´t say France was THAT bad. Romania ain´t pushover, but yesterday they were totally toothless against France. So at least France did something right, eh?
                          We started Euro 1996 with a game against France too and we lost 1-0 just because of a silly mistake from the goalkeeper. That scuttled the whole tournament for us, we left the group with 0 points or something like that. This time the plan was "just don't lose, anything else is just a bonus".

Tomorrow we play Italy.

Comment

The Dutch were outstanding today. Sneijder's injury time goal was superb - the perfect end to a great game. They may well be the team to beat.

Will they rest their stars against the Romanians? If they do, can Romania beat the Dutch second string? If they do, bye bye Italy and France.

Croatia also looked good against Germany - who will go through and lose to Portugal. The Croats will also probably lose to Portugal - in the Semis.

In the other half I am going for a Netherlands-Spain semi. I am looking forward to see how Spain do tomorrow against the Swedes. They look good going forward but a bit dodgy at the back.

So right now I am going for a Netherlands vs Portugal final.

Comment

Originally posted by michammer View Post
                              So right now I am going for a Netherlands vs Portugal final.
                              Yep, they made the biggest impressions so far. France's last chance now is to beat our favourite enemy Italy but frankly I can't see how we can do that with the bunch of clowns we have in the team

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X