Worst Sports Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Sports Injury

What is the worst sports injury you've seen!

For me--here you go.

The worst I have seen during the course of watching an event are the broken legs of former Redskin quarterback Joe Theisman and Bengals lineman Krumrie.

The worst intentionally inflicted injury was when Giants pitcher Juan Marichal thumped Dodgers catcher John Roseboro about the cranium with his Louisville slugger.

I didn't watch the tape. While injuries are unfortunately a part of sport and we will see them; I don't intentionally seek them out for viewing.
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

While the Joe Theisman broken leg came to mind almost immediately I also thought pretty quickly of the recent on ice injury to Richard Zednik of the Florida Panthers when his carotid artery when partially severed by a teammates skate blade. Also, the unfortunate line drive that killed Rockies minor league coach Mike Coolbaugh last summer as he was coaching 1st base.
      Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Anyone remember the Pirates catcher who hit first base and shattered his ankle? As someone who's had numerous 3rd Degree ankle sprains and one ankle reconstruction, I knew what kind of pain that guy went through...

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
          Anyone remember the Pirates catcher who hit first base and shattered his ankle? As someone who's had numerous 3rd Degree ankle sprains and one ankle reconstruction, I knew what kind of pain that guy went through...
          Jason Kendall, and he is still playing for Milwaukee this season. Was a pretty good hitter at the time and had good speed for a catcher. I too tore everything up in my left ankle sliding into second base on a hook slide my sophmore year of college. Orthopedist told me I have been better off if the ankle snapped, as the recovery wouldn't have been as long or as painful.
          Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

Napolean McCallum 'trying' to jump the pile on a running play or

Willis McGahee's nasty break in the title game a couple of years back.
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X