Hockey 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey 2018-2019

Now for something really important: HOCKEY! Slick Jr started his first season in Tier I bantams fairly well: knowing that his Daddy was pi$$ed at having to awake at 0600 for an 0800 game way the fck out in Jersey, he set about making things right -- by killing off a minor for 1:50 notching two helpers on the two shorties his team scored during said penalty kill banging in a goal 5-on-5 just a few minutes later and finishing it off by laying his shoulder into the chest of an opponent that outweighed him by a good 40 lbs.

My face still hurts from grinning.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

I understand your worry, but pain caused from grinning quickly goes away without any resort to drugs, so worry not. Good on Slick Jr., proud you should be.

Comment

Good workout for Slick Jr last night. Started at 8.30. Dinner ended at 6.30. Dinner was on the ice by 8.45.

Comment

Jr weighs 95 lbs. He's a good skater, but not particularly explosive. I'm thinking that a 1/4" hollow is best. Any opinions?

Comment

The opposing goalie was damned good the other night: he stopped 43 of 45 shots, bearing in mind that bantams play three 15-minute periods. He looked very well coached: elbows in tight, five-hole covered, gobbled rebounds. One shot, low from the left circle, this goalie couldn't swallow that rebound. His pad save kicked it to the right -- right to Slick Jr -- six feet outside the crease. Jr wrapped his blade around it, and he zipped it top shelf. But the whistle blew suspiciously quickly. The ref waived off the goal. This rink had especially good acoustics, so when I yelled out "it was six feet outside the crease," the ref turned around and yelled back at me, "I lost sight of it."

Comment

Great stuff for 'lil Slick!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Oskar Sundqvist before meeting Tom Wilson:

Oskar Sundvist after meeting Tom Wilson:

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.co...kar-sundqvist/

Not to let Wilson off the hook, but Sundqvist really needs to keep his head up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzUTXpvBTVc

Comment

Slick Jr potted another one yesterday. That's 2G, 3A in 5 games, that ain't too bad. And he balanced the books when one of their dirty little punks cross-checked his teammate in the neck.

Couple of weeks from now we head on up to West Point, where Slick Jr will kick some Army brat a$$. His boys are taking on the "Junior Black Knights" in the academy's 2,600 seat arena.

Comment

Sitting at Tate Ice Rink on the campus of the USMA. Army's beating Eastern Michigan just across the way. Word 'round the campfire is that these bantam Black Knights are real animals. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post

Sure, but doesn't the Corps of Cadets take a dim view of kids from NYC going up-state to lay a beating on some of their own?
                    The bantams of West Point weren't very good. Here in The City ice is at a premium, but Upstate there's ice all over. Tons of good hockey players are from Upstate. That's why I was surprised to see not only the Junior Black Knights bantams so seriously out skated, but the peewees in the earlier game were also very out skated. That really shocked me.

Guess the Army recruits 'em from where they can, regardless of qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

The bantams of West Point weren't very good. Here in The City ice is at a premium, but Upstate there's ice all over. Tons of good hockey players are from Upstate. That's why I was surprised to see not only the Junior Black Knights bantams so seriously out skated, but the peewees in the earlier game were also very out skated. That really shocked me.

Guess the Army recruits 'em from where they can, regardless of qualifications.
                      OK, I think you're referring to teams made up from the kids who live in town/on base of West Point NY, and not from the USMAcademy, am I right?
                      "I am Groot"
                      - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post

OK, I think you're referring to teams made up from the kids who live in town/on base of West Point NY, and not from the USMAcademy, am I right?
                        That all depends. How many bantams and peewees do you think are admitted as matriculating students at West Point?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

That all depends. How many bantams and peewees do you think are admitted as matriculating students at West Point?
                          Dunno, if "Academic Minor" doesn't mean USMA Philip Gale's and Sheldon Cooper's playing on local bantam hockey teams, not many.
                          "I am Groot"
                          - Groot

Comment

How the f ck do you attach photos in this abominable new software?

Comment

Do the Montreal sportswriters know that their Habs actually play other teams, and not just play with themselves?

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...5-3-to-rangers

That aside, it was a very entertaining game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpH8...feature=onebox

And the right team won in the end.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X