• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmat View Post
    I have a question:

What are "cop giveaways"? Are we talking seatbelt cutters, teddy bears? ... get out of jail free cards? Or is it more like Barney Fife for a day to cut your lawn, wash the car etc.?
    Where I grew up anything that a cop was giving away should have been followed by penicillin.

Within the context of the OP's link, to cop something means to acquire it, often gratis, in this case as a premium for foot traffic.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cop
    Last edited by slick_miester; 14 Aug 18, 12:55.

Leave a comment:

• Marmat
    replied
    I have a question:

What are "cop giveaways"? Are we talking seatbelt cutters, teddy bears? ... get out of jail free cards? Or is it more like Barney Fife for a day to cut your lawn, wash the car etc.?

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
    Wait a minute...we already have football in the USA and you need a helmet to play. Growing up in the northeast we only played soccer in high school. The only professional sports were (real) football, baseball, basketball and hockey.
    You're a New Englander, and consequently have lived a life ensconsed in misery, and sheltered from many of life's joys, like soccer/football/calcio. Instead you've spent your life as a member of the tribe of bitterness, also known as Red Sox Nation. Ergo, you can be forgiven your sins.

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    Wait a minute...we already have football in the USA and you need a helmet to play. Growing up in the northeast we only played soccer in high school. The only professional sports were (real) football, baseball, basketball and hockey.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    started a topic Is this a special ed convention?

Is this a special ed convention?

Not exactly the kind of crowd that I wanted to see outside my office this morning. I could feel the collective IQ imploding.

Upcoming Events

Be a part of the EVOLUTION.
    July 26
    12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
    We teamed up with New Balance to produce an unforgettable gaming phenomenon. Come out to catch special appearances by 4 mystery Liverpool FC players, get some autographs, win prizes, cop giveaways, and most importantly play Pro Evolution Soccer live on Twitch! Youíll be playing in front of some of the best players in the world so bring youíre A-game. Weíre squeezing a lot into one hour which means itís guaranteed to be intense. Itís all going down in Times Square and it can only be experienced in person. The evolution will be live.

https://stores.champssports.com/ny/n...0-times-square
    - emphasis mine

Liverpool is in town for the International Champions Cup. Last night they topped Man City 2-1 out at the new Giants Stadium in the New Jersey Meadowlands. My brother-in-law was there. Seems consistent to me: he's a Jersey native, a former corrections officer, and he's a Reds fan.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X