Did someone spike their porridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did someone spike their porridge?

What is the world coming to? Scotland loose an international rugby match to the USA. Yes I know England lost to S Africa but S Africa is a recognised major rugby playing nation. the USA is not -yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44465090
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Sure Ireland were beaten by Australia last week. We all under perform the odd time.
    While Scotland had a really bad day they have been consistently improving over the last few years and have two teams which do well in the most competitive club league in Europe. England are in complete disarray at the moment. The biggest player pool in the world and the most money and a squad of world class player; what's going on? Eddie Jones as an ass**** but he did have a reasonable pedigree as a coach. Is it the influence of the Clubs? Is it the lack of brains on the field? Is it the fact that Farrell just isn't captaincy material? You can't have Lancaster back; he's doing too good a job as assistant coach in Leinster.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

...it"s not about national pride anymore - it"s about money...
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        ...it"s not about national pride anymore - it"s about money...
        I think it's about national pride for most of them.
        Most of the Irish players could make much more money in England or France but they stay here so that they can play for Ireland (and in the case of the Leinster players so that they can win European medals).
        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X