No announcement yet.

Baker's Dozen of Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

1. Dave Shultz v Tiger Williams
    2. Mike Vernon vs Patrick Roy
    3. Robin Ventura vs Nolan Ryan
    4. Ty Domi vs Drunk at The Press Box, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, Dec 1992
    5. Juan Marichal vs. John Roseboro, August 22, 1965 (good one)

6. Dave Schultz vs Brent Hughes

If your average picture is worth a thousnd words, then this one is worth a million. Everything you need to know about Dave Schultz can be gleaned from that one photo.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

If your average picture is worth a thousnd words, then this one is worth a million. Everything you need to know about Dave Schultz can be gleaned from that one photo.
      Ladies handbags at 5 paces... any idiot can join in a punch up when they are padded to the hilt.

Heres Mick the Munch facing off Eric Champ at the Parc des Princes in Paris...

...soon after Mick had tackled Marc Cecillon and driven both him and a second row forward back 5 yards, before dumping the former on his backside with a bone jarring crunch!

Heres the Munch starting the famous tackle...

...showing that you can be steel tough and still stay within the rules of the game!

Gaz

Comment

• Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

7. Mick the Munch facing off Eric Champ

Originally posted by allsirgarnet
        showing that you can be steel tough and still stay within the rules of the game!
        That's why England always come in in second place: too busy worrying about the rules, not worrying enough about finishing their opponents. Watch and learn:

8. Xavier McDaniel vs Wes Matthews

Now that's how you deal with an opponent.

Comment

Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

That's why England always come in in second place: too busy worrying about the rules, not worrying enough about finishing their opponents. Watch and learn:

Now that's how you deal with an opponent.
          You've entirely missed the point of the value of playing the game, rather than playing to win at any cost.

The problem with the latter as you expouse it is that when you play to win at all costs and then still lose anyway... you both look and feel like a bunch of complete idiots... thats both players and fans alike.

By playing the game, winning and losing in sport take there proper (second) place!

As to Xavier McDaniel vs Wes Matthews, they more than a little remind me of the suedo-homosexual seen in the movie Women in Love, where Alan Bates wrestles with Oliver Reed

Your two basketball freaks appear to be indulging in some sort of macho-sexual foreplay...

Hard might well be a perfect desciption in this case!

Gaz

Comment

• Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
            . . . . The problem with the latter as you expouse it is that when you play to win at all costs and then still lose anyway... you both look and feel like a bunch of complete idiots... thats both players and fans alike.
            - emphasis mine

It's espouse, not expouse. Where the hell did you learn written English?

And don't knock the X-Man: his gritty play nearly brought the Knicks to the promised land after a twenty year drought. Throughout that decade, John Starks, Charles Oakley, and Anthony Mason put the fear of God into opponents who had dreams of easy points in the paint. And they were so close in '94, when the Garden faithful got to touch the Cup for the first time in their own lobby -- and that pr*ck OJ derailed game 6 against the Rockets with his faggy "chase." Just for that I still say that OJ's guilty.
            Last edited by slick_miester; 13 Jan 10, 17:47.

Comment

- emphasis mine

It's espouse, not expouse. Where the hell did you learn written English?

Its nearly midnight here... some people are a little tired and because of that a certain level of concentration declines...

As to your question...

...here in 1961, when it was a school!

Gaz

Comment

• Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
                Its nearly midnight here... some people are a little tired and because of that a certain level of concentration declines...
                A man of your age should be taking his Geritol.

Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
                As to your question...

...here in 1961, when it was a school!
                Looks like the crematorium in Middle Village, NY, minus the chimney. That explains it, then.

Comment

• And don't knock the X-Man: his gritty play nearly brought the Knicks to the promised land after a twenty year drought. Throughout that decade, John Starks, Charles Oakley, and Anthony Mason put the fear of God into opponents who had dreams of easy points in the paint. And they were so close in '94, when the Garden faithful got to touch the Cup for the first time in their own lobby

I've just noticed the pertinant word here... nearly

You do seem to follow the lame duck teams mate, regardless of the sport!

Just remembered something...

Was watching some Sherlock Holmes today and saw the perfect Gentlemens Club for you to join...

The Diogenes Club

Google it!

Gaz

Comment

9. Heat vs Knicks - 1998 NBA playoffs

What the heck was your coach thinking?

Comment

• Alonzo Morning... booyyaaahhhh!
                      All warfare is based on deception.
                      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                        Alonzo Morning... booyyaaahhhh!
                        Zo was a truly great defensive player and a good offensive one. Hall of Fame worthy!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                          Zo was a truly great defensive player and a good offensive one. Hall of Fame worthy!
                          If I might add at the risk of stirring the hornets nest - He was every bit the player Ewing was AND he has a ring!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                            If I might add at the risk of stirring the hornets nest - He was every bit the player Ewing was AND he has a ring!!!
                            He was Ewing's equal in every way save one: Zo could pass out of the post. If only St Patrick would have done that on occassion . . . .

Comment

9. Heat vs Knicks - 1998 NBA playoffs

10. Joey Kocur vs Ken Daneyko

I lived in the same building as Kocur, though not at the same time. Any time a New Jersey-ite takes one in the grill I'm happy. It proves that the universe is still right.

Comment

• I too think Zo was one of the greatest players that ever played the game HOF hands down.
                                All warfare is based on deception.
                                Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X