No announcement yet.

Baker's Dozen of Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

1. Terry O'Reilly vs. Clark Gillies
    2. Graig Nettles vs George Brett
    3. Zinedine Zidane vs Marco Materazzi
    4. The U vs. South Carolina
    5. Woody Hayes punches opposing player during Gator Bowl
    6. The U vs. Florida International University
    7. Elizabeth Lambert vs BYU
    8. Toulon vs Stade Francais
    9. Don Zimmer vs Pedro Martinez
    10. Armando Benitez plunking Tino Martinez

11. Bud Harrelson vs Pete Rose

1973 National League Championship Series...
    [...]

The fight resulted in a bench-clearing brawl that nearly called off the game. It got so intense that fans in the stands started throwing objects at Rose, prompting the Reds team to leave the field until order was restored. The Mets ended up winning the series.

LINK
    Tom Seaver, Willie Mays, Rusty Staub and Yogi Berra had to go out and calm the fans near left field down because the umpires were considering forfeiting the game to the Reds if the near-riot didn't end. Fans were throwing everything that wasn't nailed down at Rose.

From that day to the end of his career, Mets fans booed Pete Rose.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 13 Jan 10, 11:35.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
      The Yankees sure seem to be in a lot of brawls.
      Who doesn't gun for the King of the Hill?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        Who doesn't gun for the King of the Hill?
        Or maybe its something about living in NY that makes them overly aggressive?

Comment

• Top 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

Good one.

12. Jim Rice vs Yankee Stadium

Jim Rice, Hall of Fame left-fielder for the Boston Red Sox, dove into the left-field stands for a foul ball. One Yankee fan plucked his cap off his head, while another went to work on his glove. Rice went berserk, threashing about wildly, yet making contact with a couple of fans. More Red Sox piled in, and it took everything they could muster to pull Rice out of the stands.

I was at that game, and suffice to say, it didn't go down exactly like Rice said.

Man, do I miss that old ball yard.

Comment

Or maybe its something about living in NY that makes them overly aggressive?
            If ya can't take the heat . . . .

This is New York, not Sunnybrook Farms. Only the strong survive here. Chumps can live elsewhere.

Comment

12. Jim Rice vs Yankee Stadium

13. Pistons vs Pacers

The ultimate:

Last edited by The Ibis; 13 Jan 10, 11:46.

Comment

If ya can't take the heat . . . .

This is New York, not Sunnybrook Farms. Only the strong survive here. Chumps can live elsewhere.

Comment

Top 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

. . . .

13. Pistons vs Pacers
                  The Bad Boys were the last good thing to happen to the NBA. They inspired John Starks to clothesline that fag Scottie "I've got a headache" Pippen.

Comment

• Slick, I think you said you had an idea for a new dozen. If so, I'll happily defer.

Comment

• I'd happily continue with this one. Surely there are a dozen Flyers' games that would fill it up.

Comment

I'd happily continue with this one. Surely there are a dozen Flyers' games that would fill it up.
                        They're gonna go

1. Dave Shultz v Tiger Williams

Comment

• Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

What, only one Dave Schultz fight?

2. Mike Vernon vs Patrick Roy

It's not every day that you get to see two netminders slug it out at center ice during a conference finals game. I'd bet anything that Roy didn't hit his wife as hard as Vernon hit him.

Way to go lil' Mikey!

Comment

• Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

3. Robin Ventura vs Nolan Ryan

Why would any young punk with a middle-aged man who can still throw a 100+ mph fastball?
                            Last edited by The Doctor; 13 Jan 10, 12:55.
                            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

4. Ty Domi vs Drunk at The Press Box, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, Dec 1992

When Domi was a Ranger, he made an appearence at a Brooklyn sports bar, whereupon he was accosted by some drunken smartass. Actually, Domi, who was about 5' 8", 190 lbs, and whose most distinguishing features were his enormous Popeye forearms, was pretty cool about it. He smiled and tried to back away, to diffuse it. Unfortunately, sh*t-fer-brains just wouldn't let it go: he got right up in Domi's grill and shoved him. Suffice to say, the moron's night ended very quickly soon after: one quick right floored the schmuck, and he was dragged out the back by the help, allowing the evening to proceed pleasantly.
                              Last edited by slick_miester; 13 Jan 10, 13:02.

Comment

4. Ty Domi vs Drunk at The Press Box, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, Dec 1992

5. Juan Marichal vs. John Roseboro, August 22, 1965

Back in the days of genuine knock-down and brush-back pitches, Giants pitcher Juan Marichal nearly killed Dodgers catcher John Roseboro with a baseball bat...
                                “When Marichal came up to bat, I tried a knockdown from behind the plate, throwing the ball close to his nose when I returned it to the pitcher,” recalled Roseboro. “I expected Marichal to attack me in some way. If he had said anything to me, I had studied karate, and I was ready to annihilate him.”

LINK
                                Roseboro never got a chance to try out his "High Karate"... Marichal pummeled the Dodgers catcher with his bat!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X