No announcement yet.

Baker's Dozen of Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

1. Dave Shultz v Tiger Williams
    2. Mike Vernon vs Patrick Roy
    3. Robin Ventura vs Nolan Ryan
    4. Ty Domi vs Drunk at The Press Box, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, Dec 1992
    5. Juan Marichal vs. John Roseboro, August 22, 1965 (good one)
    6. Dave Schultz vs Brent Hughes
    7. Mick the Munch facing off Eric Champ
    8. Xavier McDaniel vs Wes Matthews
    9. Heat vs Knicks - 1998 NBA playoffs
    10. Joey Kocur vs Ken Daneyko

Tiger Williams v. Bobby Nystrom

Listen to the commentators - fight all you want, but pull hair and you're ejected!

Comment

• Second 13 fights in professional or collegiate sports (excluding boxing, wrestling, martial arts - I'm looking for brawls here)

1. Dave Shultz v Tiger Williams
      11. Tiger Williams v. Bobby Nystrom

12. Dale Rolfe vs Dave Schultz

Let's be honest here: Schultz is an animal. This menace to the community should have been kept in that Hannibal Lechter get-up.

Rolfe stepped up to defend the Rangers' top defenseman, Brad Park, who was taking a frightful pounding every time he went back for the puck. (A tactic, by the way, that the Flyers would repeat in 1998, when they broke Brian Leetch's arm against the boards when he went to retrieve a dump-in.) For Schultz, a good check wasn't good enough. Even after Rolfe was "turtling," Schultz stood over him, raining blows in his characteristic maniacal fashion. Much to the Rangers' ever-lasting infamy, they stayed right there on the bench, instead of stepping up to defend their teamate against that animal. Thus the Rangers have long been viewed as a soft team, a team that won't stick up for each other. Philadelphians, however, eat that up: in their twisted minds clubbing baby seals makes for good sport.

To this day I loathe Schultz. He was nothing but a senseless bully. If I saw him walking down the street tomorrow I'd push him in front of a bus and sleep just fine at night for having done it.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• 1. Dave Shultz v Tiger Williams
        11. Tiger Williams v. Bobby Nystrom
        12. Dale Rolfe vs Dave Schultz

13. Maxime Talbot vs Daniel Carcillo in game 6 of the Pens Flyers Series in last seasons Stanley Cup. Talbot got his clock cleaned but the fight sparked the Pens to overcome a 3 goal deficit in that game and throughout the rest of Cup play!

NEXT TOPIC: Greatest NFL first round draft busts!
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

• You're away, D1J1.

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            You're away, D1J1.
            OOPS! Thanks Marc!

Regards,
            Dennis

The first pick in this all-star line up of NFL First Round Draft Busts, or the biggest bust of all, goes to...............

1. Tony Mandarich: OT: Green Bay. In college he played like Superman but in the NFL he couldn't play dead!

Comment

• A bakers dozen of the Greatest NFL first round draft busts!

1. Tony Mandarich - Green Bay

2. Sammie Smith - Miami
              Ouch.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/...mie-smith.html

Comment

2. Sammie Smith - Miami

3. Todd Blackledge - Kansas City

One of the "Class of Quarterbacks," Blackledge didn't quite pan out like Marino, Elway, Kelly, or Esiason. He was drafted, and then he disappeared.

Comment

A bakers dozen of the Greatest NFL first round draft busts!

2. Sammie Smith - Miami

One of the "Class of Quarterbacks," Blackledge didn't quite pan out like Marino, Elway, Kelly, or Esiason. He was drafted, and then he disappeared.

At least he does a credible job as an announcer

Comment

• 4. Ryan Leaf, QB 2nd overall pick by the Chargers from Washington State

All warfare is based on deception.
                    Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

2. Sammie Smith - Miami
                      4. Ryan Leaf, QB 2nd overall pick by the Chargers from Washington State

All of the previous entries in this category exhibited the good taste to keep their ineffectual careers as short as possible. This one, however, stuck around like a bad cold, infecting all around with his particular brand of suckiness:

5. Ken O'Brien - New York Jets

Another of the "Class of Quarterbacks," this guy was far more dangerous than Todd Blackledge. Born in nearby Rockville Center, Jets' management got the bright idea that this mook would make a good NFL field general. They kept starting this slob years after he had proven that he was more interested in upping his completion rate than he was in winning games -- hence his habit of holding the pigskin too long and taking way too many sacks.

I can't think of another quarterback who spent more unnecessary time on his ass than O'Brien.

But he was worse than that: taken in the same draft as Jerry Rice was Al Toon out of Wisconsin. In a way, he would be the prototype of the top receivers today: reasonbly fast, good hands, runs sharp routes, and tall, strong, and physical -- almost a lightweight tight end, a lot like Randy Moss today. With a halfway decent QB, we'd be talking about Al Toon as an automatic in Canton. With O'Brien, though, he's lucky to be alive: O'Brien's favorite route was crossing over the middle, and O'Brien always -- and I mean every friggin' time -- threw it high.

Toon got wrecked more times than I can count, and he was one of the first NFL players whose experiences brought chronic concussion syndrome to the public's attention. The commentators would groan, "there goes another hospital ball again." In my mind, Ken O'Brien should be charged with armed assault for what he done to Al Toon.

Comment

2. Sammie Smith - Miami

6. Brian Bosworth - Seattle

If you dislike the Boz, you'll enjoy this story about the abuse the Canes gave Boz before a Miami vs Oklahoma game.

http://savagetruth.blogharbor.com/bl...0/3987260.html

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ibis View Post

2. Sammie Smith - Miami

6. Brian Bosworth - Seattle

If you dislike the Boz, you'll enjoy this story about the abuse the Canes gave Boz before a Miami vs Oklahoma game.

http://savagetruth.blogharbor.com/bl...0/3987260.html
                          I don't dislike him as a player, actor-wannabe for sure, but he and Mandarich could be poster children for the anti-steroids movement!

Regards,
                          Dennis

Comment

2. Sammie Smith - Miami

All of the previous entries in this category exhibited the good taste to keep their ineffectual careers as short as possible. This one, however, stuck around like a bad cold, infecting all around with his particular brand of suckiness:

Another of the "Class of Quarterbacks," this guy was far more dangerous than Todd Blackledge. Born in nearby Rockville Center, Jets' management got the bright idea that this mook would make a good NFL field general. They kept starting this slob years after he had proven that he was more interested in upping his completion rate than he was in winning games -- hence his habit of holding the pigskin too long and taking way too many sacks.

I can't think of another quarterback who spent more unnecessary time on his ass than O'Brien.

But he was worse than that: taken in the same draft as Jerry Rice was Al Toon out of Wisconsin. In a way, he would be the prototype of the top receivers today: reasonbly fast, good hands, runs sharp routes, and tall, strong, and physical -- almost a lightweight tight end, a lot like Randy Moss today. With a halfway decent QB, we'd be talking about Al Toon as an automatic in Canton. With O'Brien, though, he's lucky to be alive: O'Brien's favorite route was crossing over the middle, and O'Brien always -- and I mean every friggin' time -- threw it high.

Toon got wrecked more times than I can count, and he was one of the first NFL players whose experiences brought chronic concussion syndrome to the public's attention. The commentators would groan, "there goes another hospital ball again." In my mind, Ken O'Brien should be charged with armed assault for what he done to Al Toon.

In 10th grade JV Football (already losing by like 20pts in the first half) we called a one step (me QB) hot-pass to the TE on the left side... the dude said 'no way' . Everybody in the huddle just looked at him... I asked 'are you kidding me'? He said 'nope, no shcidt'... and I looked at the right TE and said 'how about your way'? ... he said 'hell yeah' - I completed the passed/ he got about 8yds and got busted... I'll never forget
                            that .
                            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                              In 10th grade JV Football (already losing by like 20pts in the first half) we called a one step (me QB) hot-pass to the TE on the left side... the dude said 'no way' . Everybody in the huddle just looked at him... I asked 'are you kidding me'? He said 'nope, no shcidt'... and I looked at the right TE and said 'how about your way'? ... he said 'hell yeah' - I completed the passed/ he got about 8yds and got busted... I'll never forget
                              that .
                              But he can't remember it for the life of him can he?

Comment

But he can't remember it for the life of him can he?
                                So true ... he was my bud though , as he was a pitcher on our baseball team and I was the catcher. Big tough left-handed redheaded dude... so he could take a hit.
                                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X