He Made It!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Made It!

After trying three straight years, my boy finally made Tier I travel hockey. The only cause for concern is his size: he's small for his age. And now he's in his first year of Bantam. I understand that in Canada checking starts in mites, but in the risk-averse US, checking only starts in bantam. Is Tier I bantam safe place for a 95 lb (43 kg) kid?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Congrats!! Sorry but I can't tell you about the safety side since I live in a hockey-less zone here in north fl. I really wish we had hockey available when I was growing up, I think I would have enjoyed it..

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
      Congrats!! Sorry but I can't tell you about the safety side since I live in a hockey-less zone here in north fl. I really wish we had hockey available when I was growing up, I think I would have enjoyed it..
      Austen Matthews was born and raised in Arizona, so perhaps there's hope for "God's Waiting Room" after all. Come Friday night, all of those ex-Rangers in Tampa will eliminate the Devils. Surely you'll want to see that. And it'll be affordable: when the Blushirts and the Bolts tangled in 2015's Eastern Conference Finals, a news item claimed that tickets to the games at Amalie Arena were going for less than one-sixth the price of tickets at the Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        I understand that in Canada checking starts in mites, but in the risk-averse US, checking only starts in bantam.
        Hockey Canada has moved body checking to the Bantam level (age 13 to 14) as of 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
          Hockey Canada has moved body checking to the Bantam level (age 13 to 14) as of 2013.
          I think that's a mistake. Isn't it easier, and safer, to learn the art of not only giving a clean check but also receiving a clean check, when one is younger, smaller, slower, and lighter -- rather than when one is older, larger, quicker, and heavier? F=MA, right.

Of all the things American to emulate, Canucks chose that?

Comment

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Austen Matthews was born and raised in Arizona, so perhaps there's hope for "God's Waiting Room" after all. Come Friday night, all of those ex-Rangers in Tampa will eliminate the Devils. Surely you'll want to see that. And it'll be affordable: when the Blushirts and the Bolts tangled in 2015's Eastern Conference Finals, a news item claimed that tickets to the games at Amalie Arena were going for less than one-sixth the price of tickets at the Garden.
              yeah it's around now (4 hour drive from here where I sit now) but when I was growing up it was football (american), baseball and basketball only in our area. I was one of the few who liked watching hockey and understood the rules. When Tallahassee had a minor league team I enjoyed it but it did not last long. I am planning to go to a 'bolts game next year.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Congrats to the young man and proud papa!

Regards,
                Dennis
                If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X