Pictish dwarfs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictish dwarfs.

The Scotland manager has blamed the genetic heritage of his team for its failure to qualify for the World Cup - too short. I guess there are some from North of the Great (Highland) fault would tke umbrage. But the real great fault is coming from North of Hadrian's wall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-41549709
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

That dude needs to quit recruiting from the big cities if he wants tall people. George Macdonald Fraser had several short stories of how his Battalion in Libya sent a traveling Soccer team to Malta and they beat all the teams there. Most of the men were short and from Glasgow.

There is nothing wrong with the Highland genes. The fault lies in poor nutrition for generations in an unhealthy environment.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      There is nothing wrong with the Highland genes. The fault lies in poor nutrition for generations in an unhealthy environment.
      Nothing wrong with Lowland genes either. Being as football/soccer is really just a glorified track meet with a ball (Bobby Charlton said so ) I'm guessing that kids in Scotland, what with its appalling weather, spend their days exercising their thumbs with X-box and what not, rather than running their pale and pasty asses off at their local field/pitch.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        Nothing wrong with Lowland genes either. Being as football/soccer is really just a glorified track meet with a ball (Bobby Charlton said so ) I'm guessing that kids in Scotland, what with its appalling weather, spend their days exercising their thumbs with X-box and what not, rather than running their pale and pasty asses off at their local field/pitch.
        You're probably closer to the truth than you know.

Gordon Strachan is a product of one of the last generations where every bit of flat ground became a pitch, with jerseys for goal-posts.

We produce some good players these days, but not the likes of Riley, Baxter, Law, Dalglish, McGrain, Jordan, or even Strachan himself. If it comes down to being short, when did that ever bother Bremner, Gemmil, and a certain manager who wore the Dark Blue himself on more than one occasion ?
        Last edited by the ace; 09 Oct 17, 16:47.
        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

It’s probably the poor diet and lack of exercise when young. Scotland is notorious for its unhealthy life style. Think deep fried mars bar.

Though I remember being told that the population shrinkage was associated with the industrial revolution. When the people moved from the country to the cities their diet got worse
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Me, I blame the strip;

The, "Stockings and Suspenders." was abysmal. The (18)90s look was appalling, the SFA tartan was an embarrassment, and I'd love some of what the, "Sick all down the front," tennis-inspired designer was smoking.

All, however, pale into insignificance compared to the current knip, for which someone should be boiled in oil.
            Attached Files
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Scotland wearing Pink? For shame. This is not a Ladies Field Hockey team. Please tell me it was Women's Breast Cancer Prevention Week..

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                Scotland wearing Pink? For shame. This is not a Ladies Field Hockey team. Please tell me it was Women's Breast Cancer Prevention Week..

Pruitt
                No, some genius at the SFA approved it .
                Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                  No, some genius at the SFA approved it .
                  You can just imagine the reaction from the crowd if Scotland played at Wembley in pink.....
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Think pink looks qu**r? Let's see if you he-men have the stones to tell that to the Sicilians.

Comment

You're probably closer to the truth than you know.

Gordon Strachan is a product of one of the last generations where every bit of flat ground became a pitch, with jerseys for goal-posts.
                      When I was growing up you could hardly drive down the street, what with all the kids out playing ball. Nowadays I hardly see any kids out. I see a few at the local parks and fields and roller rinks, but none in the streets. 'Burbs are even worse: there even the fields and parks and playgrounds are empty. It's eerily devoid of kids in my in-laws' town, and other suburban towns I visit. Thank God for our immigrants: between the South Americans and the Dominicans, we'll be competing for both soccer and baseball world championships for decades to come.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        Think pink looks qu**r? Let's see if you he-men have the stones to tell that to the Sicilians.

Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Corleone is right down the road from Palermo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X