Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantis
    replied
    How many points do you think they'll end the season with?

Leave a comment:

• slick24
    replied
    Originally posted by Mantis View Post
    Vegas is going to be hard pressed to have a decent year. They still have a wealth of defencemen they need to start trading before the waiver wire picks them over...
    yeah i know but I am gonna root for them. They are my 4th team though (my second west coast team).

Leave a comment:

• Mantis
    replied
    Originally posted by slick24 View Post
    Rooting for Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, San Jose and this year Las Vegas!!!
    Vegas is going to be hard pressed to have a decent year. They still have a wealth of defencemen they need to start trading before the waiver wire picks them over...

Leave a comment:

• Sparlingo
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    I thought that Newfoundland was its own separate plane of existence.

Newfoundland is a rare standard time 1/2 hour difference from the rest of Atlantic Canada, the joke goes "the world will end at twelve o'clock, 12:30 in Newfoundland"

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    Foster Hewitt started each broadcast " Hello Canada and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland" (before Newfoundland joined)
    I thought that Newfoundland was its own separate plane of existence.

Leave a comment:

• Sparlingo
    replied
    Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    Us Yanks living in border cities have it great. We get to watch HNIC instead of the mainly lame American announcers. I remember that HNIC on a B&W TV was a tradition in our house, starting in the 60's.
    Foster Hewitt started each broadcast " Hello Canada and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland" (before Newfoundland joined)

Leave a comment:

• slick24
    replied
    Rooting for Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, San Jose and this year Las Vegas!!!

Leave a comment:

• joea
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    Me living the dream in English Canada

Could be worse, he could be a Canucks supporter.

Leave a comment:

• Marmat
    replied
    Ah, but ...

Originally posted by Mantis View Post
    Sparlingo - Love the pic!
    ... don't you recognize him? A born transient hockey rebel, before he moved to Fredericton young Sparlingo lived in Edmonton, and was in your class, and you never played with him!

Ah, the shame of it all ...

Leave a comment:

• Mantis
    replied
    Sparlingo - Love the pic!

Leave a comment:

• Mantis
    replied
    Oilers undefeated through rookie tourney and all preseason games so far. Preseason is mostly meaningless, but this is a great way to start!

I've gotta think the Pens are the favorite as well, but I like our chances. I was a late teen when the Oil won their 5 cups, and remember the years of building up, getting closer; the heartbreaking loss to the NYI in the 82-83 finals... What I am enjoying so much is the recognition that 'this is all happening again'... I'm loving the transition - watching them put the pieces together and start to gel - this is great!

Speaking of HNIC, can you believe they lost the rights to the opening music?

Leave a comment:

• johns624
    replied
    Us Yanks living in border cities have it great. We get to watch HNIC instead of the mainly lame American announcers. I remember that HNIC on a B&W TV was a tradition in our house, starting in the 60's.

Leave a comment:

• Sparlingo
    replied
    Me living the dream in English Canada

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Hoping for a 3-peat. 'nuff said!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Capt AFB
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Good to see a Canuck rooting for Blue.
    This Canuck is actually rooting for the hockey season starting again...As Canada usually only has two seasons, Hockey Season and July, it's been a long wait!!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X