HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA!!

The NHL season is getting closer, with preseason games being played out...

How many hockey fans here, and who is your team? I'm happy to have enjoyed some great playoff hockey last year (after the Decade of Darkness™) and can't wait for the season to start! Hoping to see a three-peat for m'boy Connor, and at least a division title...

Any other fans? Who's your team?
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
        Yeah!
        Good to see a Canuck rooting for Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Good to see a Canuck rooting for Blue.
          This Canuck is actually rooting for the hockey season starting again...As Canada usually only has two seasons, Hockey Season and July, it's been a long wait!!

Comment

Hoping for a 3-peat. 'nuff said!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Me living the dream in English Canada

Comment

Us Yanks living in border cities have it great. We get to watch HNIC instead of the mainly lame American announcers. I remember that HNIC on a B&W TV was a tradition in our house, starting in the 60's.

Comment

Oilers undefeated through rookie tourney and all preseason games so far. Preseason is mostly meaningless, but this is a great way to start!

I've gotta think the Pens are the favorite as well, but I like our chances. I was a late teen when the Oil won their 5 cups, and remember the years of building up, getting closer; the heartbreaking loss to the NYI in the 82-83 finals... What I am enjoying so much is the recognition that 'this is all happening again'... I'm loving the transition - watching them put the pieces together and start to gel - this is great!

Speaking of HNIC, can you believe they lost the rights to the opening music?
                  "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Sparlingo - Love the pic!

Winston Churchill

Comment

Ah, but ...

Originally posted by Mantis View Post
                      Sparlingo - Love the pic!
                      ... don't you recognize him? A born transient hockey rebel, before he moved to Fredericton young Sparlingo lived in Edmonton, and was in your class, and you never played with him!

Ah, the shame of it all ...

"I am Groot"
                      - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                        Me living the dream in English Canada

Could be worse, he could be a Canucks supporter.

Comment

Rooting for Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, San Jose and this year Las Vegas!!!

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                            Us Yanks living in border cities have it great. We get to watch HNIC instead of the mainly lame American announcers. I remember that HNIC on a B&W TV was a tradition in our house, starting in the 60's.
                            Foster Hewitt started each broadcast " Hello Canada and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland" (before Newfoundland joined)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                              Foster Hewitt started each broadcast " Hello Canada and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland" (before Newfoundland joined)
                              I thought that Newfoundland was its own separate plane of existence.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Robi P.
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                Today, 02:27
                              • casanova
                                Beirut
                                by casanova
                                Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                Today, 00:47
                              • casanova
                                Nuclear battleheads.
                                by casanova
                                A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                Yesterday, 23:58
                              Working...
                              X