Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrey
    replied
    My sister and her husband are into orienteering. But they live in Wales....

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Most of the rest of the world knows how to read a map. For true adventures in orienteering, try New Jersey, aka The Land of the Lost.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    replied
    Nothing?

Given that i kinda assumed most posters here have at least basic (military) training that orienteering would have been rather familiar.

More common interval start race - with synced GPS traces shown

Jukola start - mass start, late in the evening.

Leave a comment:

• Vaeltaja
    started a topic Orienteering

Orienteering

Ever heard of Jukola? Tiomila?

Just watching a local competition from the TV - so i wondered how common, if at all, this sport is where ever you happen to live. Given that i think all Nordics have had orienteering even in school they at least ought to be familiar with it.

Tiomila is 'ten miles' in Swedish (though usually written separately) - just that they are Swedish miles - which is to say 10 km each - so that is at least 100 km long relay orienteering (as the crow flies, so mileage per competitor will vary).

Oh yeah at least FDF cooperates heavily with Jukola relay - as can be evident from the loaning of tents and that start is always sounded with military hardware - has varied between field guns, machine gun burst or quite commonly a jet fighter pulling straight up...

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X