Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkertail20
    replied
    Texas A&M coming from 12 points down with 35 seconds left to beat Northern Iowa in last year's NCAA Basketball Tournament.

Leave a comment:

• jeffdoorgunnr
    replied
    My pick.............however I am biased............

http://www.espn.com/chicago/85bears/regular?id=5401532

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmat View Post
    ... Field Hockey, under its many different names and forms over time. Then one cold winter's day the peasants substituted a cow turd for the hacky sack affair they were using, and made history!
    'Slippy sticks' is an exception, but then again, that reason is because it's yet another exciting sport given to the world by the Brit's. It's fast, brutal and exciting....But the problem with it is 'like gridiron' there are too many breaks, time-outs, changes of personnel and the referees getting involved too much in bust-ups. I remember the great punch-ups in Australian Rules Football but these days they have to act like a bunch of ballet dancers at an excuse me ball

Paul

Leave a comment:

• grishnak
    replied
    Poland.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmat View Post
    ... Field Hockey, under its many different names and forms over time. Then one cold winter's day the peasants substituted a cow turd for the hacky sack affair they were using, and made history!
    The Englishman Lord Stanley and his family certainly took an interest.

Leave a comment:

• Marmat
    replied
    You forgot ...

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
    Be honest! Apart from 350,000,000 Yanks, Canucks and 70,000,000 Japs, the rest of the world doesn't give a tinkers toss about Baseball (AKA Rounders) Gridiron (AKA dressing up for a fifty-foot cliff jump with time-outs and a rest every 15 minutes). It's Football, Rugby, Cricket, and Golf that dominates world sport.

Barca's win last night was all about a weak referee and cheating.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Nwankwo Kanu: from cardiac surgery to top of the heap with both Inter and Arsenal.

Leave a comment:

• lakechampainer
    replied
    Super Bowl LI Patriots recent win.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Julio Cesar Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor:knocked with 2 seconds to go

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Sorry about football being on the list: England's got nothing to do with football either.
    Umm! It's the cradle of the game. England are part of a select few who have won the World cup. Our league is the best in the World.

You forgot a picture of Iceland.

Talk about whinging . . . .
    Well stop it then!

How's about boxing. Rocky Marciano vs Jersey Joe Walcott, 23 Sep 1952: after being blinded and knocked down, the Brokton Bomber rocked Jersey Joe with a right that put the reigning heavyweight champ to sleep.
    Yup! Rocky Marciano, the Greatest of them all as far as I'm concerned, and that greatness was shown in that fight and his blistering round one K.O in the rematch.

Paul
    Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 11 Mar 17, 23:51.

Leave a comment:

• Sparlingo
    replied
    But it was against the Soviets . . . . Right about that time, the same side absolutely wiped out 1979's Stanley Cup Finalists.
    That doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    No it does not.
    But it was against the Soviets . . . . Right about that time, the same side absolutely wiped out 1979's Stanley Cup Finalists.

Leave a comment:

• Sparlingo
    replied
    Does the 1980 Miracle count as a comeback? USA was down one after 2 . . . .
    No it does not.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Does the 1980 Miracle count as a comeback? USA was down one after 2 . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Sparlingo
    replied
    The greatest comeback ever was by me, last week, I was down 50 points in snooker then made 4 blacks and ran all the colours.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X