Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johns624
    replied
    Here's a good story about the old Red Wings vs. Avalanche rivalry and why we hated Lemieux and Roy so much.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/kr...nche-march-97/

Check out the video near the end. Even better than McCarty going after Lemieux is Lady Bynger Igor Larionov getting the better of Peter Forsberg.
    Last edited by johns624; 17 Mar 17, 10:50.

Leave a comment:

• Marmat
    replied
    As a Canadien ...

Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Not a player but man oh man did I hate him back when I used to care about the Leafs.....
    ... born in Toronto, I had 2 two favorite teams, and remember well when they were both winning Stanley Cups! Then really bad things happened to one of them ...

Leave a comment:

• CarpeDiem
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmat View Post
    Harold Ballard
    Not a player but man oh man did I hate him back when I used to care about the Leafs.....

Leave a comment:

• Marmat
    replied
    That's ...

Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Here's a debate starter
    http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/t...n-nhl-history/

My father in law couldn't stand Darryl Sittler or Shitler as he used to call him.
    One of mine is listed in the top 15 in the link I posted above: Doug Gilmour. I used to run into frequently when I lived in Kingston, Ontario back in the day and he was a dick everytime I met him. I did get to see a drink poured over his head once so there's that

... a basket full of Maple Leafs that I can't knock, I'll just add that I'm a bit surprised Brian Leeman wasn't included. Gilmour's always been a knob. I wasn't Sittler fan until he ran up against that inoperable cancer, Harold Ballard, after that I couldn't say anything bad about him. My eldest son met him a few months ago, had nothing but good things to say.

Leave a comment:

• CarpeDiem
    replied
    Here's a debate starter
    http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/t...n-nhl-history/

My father in law couldn't stand Darryl Sittler or Shitler as he used to call him.
    One of mine is listed in the top 15 in the link I posted above: Doug Gilmour. I used to run into frequently when I lived in Kingston, Ontario back in the day and he was a dick everytime I met him. I did get to see a drink poured over his head once so there's that

Leave a comment:

• AdrianE
    replied
    Claude Lemieux is a good choice. Everyone should hate him for the crap he pulled.

However my answer is:
    everyone currently wearing a habs uniform.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    I'm a little surprised that it took this long for this name to be mentioned.

Then there was his stint as an underwear model.

All in all

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was a Hartford Whalers (now Carolina Hurricanes) fan.

They won the Adams Division in the 86-87 season and looked like a strong Stanley Cup contenders. But the ref's allowed the K-beck Nordicks (now Colorado Avalanche) to literally get away with murder, refusing to call obvious penalties and the Whalers lost 4 games to 2.

So, I hate everyone who ever played for the Nordicks, especially the Stastny brothers.

I knew it... I found another Hurricanes fan.

Maybe? Please? Pretty Please?

Leave a comment:

• Canuckster
    replied
    Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    The thread on Bieber got me thinking about players you hated because they weren't on your team and players that you really hated. Who is your most hated/detested hockey player?
    Mine was easy--Claude Lemieux.
    Even though I'm a Habs/Sens fan and the Clodhopper may have been one of the better clutch performer of his time, I used to cringe when he'd stir up crap and then turtle when someone took him up on it. Even then I could see why fans of other teams might detest him.

One of those filling the role today of "hate him as opposition but love him on your team" would be Brad Marchand. He has a great way of getting under the other team's skin. Witness what he did to Sedin a couple of years ago. That could have sealed the Bruins the cup. To his credit Marchand has never turtled as far as I know. I'd take him on my team in a heartbeat.

Edit-He may have tamed it down the last year or two. he certainly did during the world cup or whatever it was called this fall.
    Last edited by Canuckster; 16 Feb 17, 15:42.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was a Hartford Whalers (now Carolina Hurricanes) fan.

They won the Adams Division in the 86-87 season and looked like a strong Stanley Cup contenders. But the ref's allowed the K-beck Nordicks (now Colorado Avalanche) to literally get away with murder, refusing to call obvious penalties and the Whalers lost 4 games to 2.

So, I hate everyone who ever played for the Nordicks, especially the Stastny brothers.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    I dont have one but many would say Marty Mcsorley.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Three words: Dirty Darius Kasparaitis.

Leave a comment:

• Marmat
    replied
    Do you remember ...

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    He was just as easy to hate in Jersey as he was in Colorado.

Never felt comfortable with him. Maybe God forgives all sins, but I couldn't.

Should've have been banned from the league: probably caused more damage than any other.

No mention of Brooks Orpik?
    ... Rumun Ndur?

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by slick24 View Post
    How about Todd Bertuzzi and Tie Domi
    Tie was alright: just don't put your hands on him is all -- like that drunk in a Bay Ridge bar. Domi flattened him with one punch, and though I was but a foot away, I never saw it.

Leave a comment:

• slick24
    replied
    How about Todd Bertuzzi and Tie Domi

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X