Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England Rugby Captain

To the English rugby fans here;
    How long of a ban should Dylan Hartley receive for this?
    This is a man who has spent over a year of his career banned for offenses from punching, biting and eye gouging to calling the referee an F-ing cheat.
    He is a disgrace to the sport and to the England team.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

I'm more of a Welsh and Scot rugby fan but I think Hartley is a thug, and should be banned. Period.
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
      To the English rugby fans here;
      How long of a ban should Dylan Hartley receive for this?
      This is a man who has spent over a year of his career banned for offenses from punching, biting and eye gouging to calling the referee an F-ing cheat.
      You want him banned for how long?

He should get a ban fitting the crime and no more + lose his place in the Lions team.

What all you Non-England fans want is a life ban from international rugby with the hope that it will damage the England team so much that you will have a better chance of turning them over in the Six Nations and beyond.

But whatever the outcome, the bloke is a thick idiot.

He is a disgrace to the sport and to the England team.
      Always easy to say that when the person in question isn't your man.

I said similar when Eric Cantona did a flying kick at a supporter and when that cheating, biting nutter, Luis Suarez did his things. But then I'm a Manchester City supporter with a huge dislike bordering on hatred for Manchester United and a dislike of Liverpool. If either of those players had been playing for my team at the time, I would have expected a five game ban and a 'get on with the rest of the season' result....We are all the same.

Paul
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Hartley is sad in someways-- a very good player but also a bit of a thug ( anyone who plays top level Rugby esp in the pack and the frontrow at that is no angel).

He seemed to have sorted himself out and Eddie Jones' plan of giving him the Captaincy and responsibility would make him grow up seemed to have worked.

Then his deserved Red Card on Saturday.

His ban should be huge-- foul play offence to the head (supposed to be cracking down on that), can he point to a clean record 'just a moment of madness'? nope his record is awful. He will be lucky to play in the six nations and even to go on the Lions tour let alone Captain it.

Sad rugby life really, at times easily the best hooker in the 'Home' nations but has missed at least one World Cup and one maybe two Lions Tours because he is a bit of a thug (quite frankly). To do miss that because you were injured or simply not good enough is one thing but because of your own stupidity!
        Cymru am Byth

Comment

I have no prior bias built up, having come to the conclusion that any form of rugby/football/gridiron is a really silly way to spend a weekend, running into people, with every tackle a risk of lifetime debilitating injury for all the amatuer slobs who aren't fit enough to cop the injuries.

The example that these people set to people like my daughter is such that I am raising her to be VERY anti-spot generally. If we, as nations, or as international community, put a fifth of the effort, time, public money and analysis into SCIENCE and LEARNING as we waste on sport, then we would solve many of the world's problems in a much shorter span.

Sport may "foster team work" and all that blather, but its essentially organised violence al'la roman 'Spectacular'....

What sort of example are we setting when these jersyed thugs puch on singularly and as a group?

the same laws should apply onfield....you punch somebody, you can be prosecuted and end up in JAIL.

Rant over....we now return to our normal programming.
          My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
          GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
          Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
            He should get a ban fitting the crime and no more + lose his place in the Lions team.
            Agreed.

What all you Non-England fans want is a life ban from international rugby with the hope that it will damage the England team so much that you will have a better chance of turning them over in the Six Nations and beyond.
            If I wanted the English team to be damaged Id want him to stay; hes not the best English Hooker (Jamie George is better) and hes a liability to the team. The idea that Englands success has anything to do with that slack-jawed, mutton-headed scumbag is bizarre. The reasons are Eddie Jones, the groundwork by Stewart Lancaster and some superb players like Jonathan Joseph, Mike Browne, Owen Farrell and a very strong pack.

But whatever the outcome, the bloke is a thick idiot.
            Hes a scumbag with no self control. In his defense its not premeditated. The worst behaviour in Rugby is when a team plans to take out key players with late/dirty tackles etc. New Zealand are the masters of that sort of premeditated foul play, the best example of which was how they took out Brian ODriscoll during the Lions tour with a premeditated spear tackle which would have killed most people.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Agreed.

If I wanted the English team to be damaged Id want him to stay; hes not the best English Hooker (Jamie George is better) and hes a liability to the team. The idea that Englands success has anything to do with that slack-jawed, mutton-headed scumbag is bizarre. The reasons are Eddie Jones, the groundwork by Stewart Lancaster and some superb players like Jonathan Joseph, Mike Browne, Owen Farrell and a very strong pack.

Hes a scumbag with no self control. In his defense its not premeditated. The worst behaviour in Rugby is when a team plans to take out key players with late/dirty tackles etc. New Zealand are the masters of that sort of premeditated foul play, the best example of which was how they took out Brian ODriscoll during the Lions tour with a premeditated spear tackle which would have killed most people.
              Yes! As I said above....

Paul
              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
              All human ills he can subdue,
              Or with a bauble or medal
              Can win mans heart for you;
              And many a blessing know to stew
              To make a megloamaniac bright;
              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

He got 6 weeks. That's about right.

Comment

Six weeks!

If that was the Sydney league, he wouldn't have a game for the rest of the season!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                  Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                    Six weeks!

If that was the Sydney league, he wouldn't have a game for the rest of the season!
                    If he was an All Black he would have got a yellow card...

Comment

He got 6 weeks. That's about right.
                      No its not its at the lower end of what he could expect, it was 5 weeks for the offence-- at the low end -- two weeks added because of his terrible record (although the Head of the RFU claims he doesn't have a bad record!!!!!! either that or he actually doesn't actually know who Hartley is) with one taken off because he pleaded guilty (as if that was in doubt!).

So he was given a mild punishment with one week added because of his 'poor' record.
                      Cymru am Byth

Comment

If he was in the Saturday Afternoon Division 6 League in country North Island, Kiwiland, he would have gotten a stern look from the refereee and a rousing cheer from his own supporters!

He's a THUG....he hit that guy so hard with the crook of his left elbow, it needed an ice-pack when he went off field!

Ban 'im!

Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X