X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another England manager goes.

This one only lasted a game.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37483344

There are suggestions that Aresnal's manager Wenger could be in the frame.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

An Irish slant.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

For the next manager I'd suggest the FA appoint an incorruptible foreigner, perhaps Platini or Blatter.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
        So slanted it's invisible just brings up a 404.
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
          There are suggestions that Aresnal's manager Wenger could be in the frame.
          His contract runs out in the Summer ...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            So slanted it's invisible just brings up a 404.
            Strange. I can't get the link to work when it's copied and pasted.
            This is the website; http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/
            It's at the bottom of the page.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by VillyVonka View Post
              For the next manager I'd suggest the FA appoint an incorruptible foreigner, perhaps Platini or Blatter.
              It wasn't just about money it was him slagging off all and sundry.

I would suggest going to the Himalayas and finding some abbot who has no knowledge of football whatsoever (which given recent performance of England will not make much difference to the team's performance), no desire for fame or riches and who is courteous and polite to all. He should however be the master of some ancient and mysterious Eastern art such as being in two places simultaneously (avoiding offside problems), moving from one location to another without passing trough the intervening space (or defenders) or manipulating an object (such as a ball) by the power of thought alone (very useful for goal keepers and penalty shootouts).. These powers he should endeavour to teach his team. If he is also so holy that he can work miracles this will also be important as the England team will need a few.
              Last edited by MarkV; 28 Sep 16, 06:16.
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37497385

Comment

It wasn't just about money it was him slagging off all and sundry.

I would suggest going to the Himalayas and finding some abbot who has no knowledge of football whatsoever (which given recent performance of England will not make much difference to the team's performance), no desire for fame or riches and who is courteous and polite to all. He should however be the master of some ancient and mysterious Eastern art such as being in two places simultaneously (avoiding offside problems), moving from one location to another without passing trough the intervening space (or defenders) or manipulating an object (such as a ball) by the power of thought alone (very useful for goal keepers and penalty shootouts).. These powers he should endeavour to teach his team. If he is also so holy that he can work miracles this will also be important as the England team will need a few.
                  As the England manager is paid three million pounds a year, can I suggest me!
                  War is less costly than servitude

Comment

A scoop from the Daily Mash, apparently "The Trumpy One" as he will henceforth be known is set to abandon his presidential aspirations in order to take on a bigger, more important role. Ready to cheer on Trumpland Raiders in the World Cup?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...20160928114511

Comment

Originally posted by VillyVonka View Post
                      A scoop from the Daily Mash, apparently "The Trumpy One" as he will henceforth be known is set to abandon his presidential aspirations in order to take on a bigger, more important role. Ready to cheer on Trumpland Raiders in the World Cup?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...20160928114511
                      Not sure that the tactic of building a wall round the England goal mouth is really viable

Comment

Not sure that the tactic of building a wall round the England goal mouth is really viable
                        And getting the opposition to pay for it!

Comment

Something I have never understood about football.

when the players fail to perform, why is it the manager that cops the blame?

and what is a manger's role other than a glorified orange boy anyway? A coash trains the team, the physio sees to the teams fitness, the club makes player purchaces frequently based on what they can afford, rather than what they want...what does a manger actually do?

Or am I an ignoramus in this field of endevour? i'll answer that question myself...YES..

so, I can rightly ask a dumb question then...what does this glorified office worker DO thats so vital for a team of any kind that he has to be sacked when its the players that are not performing?
                          My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                          GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                          Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

It looks like Gareth @Southgate will be the next England Manager to be sacked.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X