2016 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
    Any TV for Mount Union? I'd rather watch the little schools than the big boys!

Regards,
    Dennis
    They were on ESPN3 but lost last Saturday to #1 Mary Hardin-Baylor 14-12. John Carroll, another D3 team from Ohio, also lost in the semi-finals, 10-3. Defense was the order of the day at that level.

YSU won a double OT thriller over Wofford and now travel to Eastern Washington for the 1-AA semi-finals. (have strong YSU ties as both my daughters graduated from there)

GO PENGUINS!!

Our fearsome mascots, Pete and Penny Penguin:
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Lemme see....the Clemson Defensive Coordinator wins the assistant coach of the year award, and the Pitt Offensive Coordinator comes in, I believe, second. They must have missed the score of their game!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
      Dennis
      Plus... it seems WAKE has been providing their playbooks to the opposition for about 2+ years . Dang... it isn't like Wake wasn't bad enough in the first place. Some people .
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

WAKEleaks

Comment

How about that Miami Beach Bowl game between Central Michigan and Tulsa.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
            How about that Miami Beach Bowl game between Central Michigan and Tulsa.

If bowl games are all about the money, somebody there is in big trouble!

Regards,
            Dennis
            If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I have no dog in the fight for the playoffs, but a championship game between OSU and Washington would suit me just fine!

More likely is playing the games to find out who gets simply pummeled by 'bama.....

Regards,
              Dennis

Comment

uh oh D.

Alabama too strong for Washington.

Clemson kicks Ohio St's buttocks.

Alabama vs Clemson... who ya got? I got to pull for Clemson. ACC and all.

Comment

I think it'll all ...

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                  uh oh D.

Alabama too strong for Washington.

Clemson kicks Ohio St's buttocks.

Alabama vs Clemson... who ya got? I got to pull for Clemson. ACC and all.
                  ... come down to the Alabama's Offensive Co-ord. If Sarkisian can ramp up the passing game they'll be perhaps more than just competitive, but if the Tide comes out one dimensional as they did against the Huskies they'll find it very hard to repeat against the Tigers.
                  "I am Groot"
                  - Groot

Comment

agreed

Comment

'bama's defense is worth a lot in any game. I like the Tide by 14 or more.

My preference would have been to see neither of these schools in the game.

Regards,
                      Dennis

Comment

With you on living without a Clemson/Alabama rematch. However I'm disagreeing on the winner. If Clemson plays like they did last Saturday, they'll whack Alabama. Alabama's defense is scary but their offense is most definitely not. Washington's D held them to 17. Clemson can play D. Plus Clemson has a far better offense than Washington. I'm thinking 31-20 Clemson.

But the real championship is on Saturday when Youngstown State plays James Madison for FCS championship.

Go Penguins!!

Comment

I watched James Madison upset N.Dakota St.

They are legit.

Comment

I hope to watch that one. While Youngstown has a consistently excellent program, I have to pull for JMU. We have a number of friends who went there and it is about 2 hours from the old homestead.

Regards,
                            Dennis

Comment

I hope to watch that one. While Youngstown has a consistently excellent program, I have to pull for JMU. We have a number of friends who went there and it is about 2 hours from the old homestead.

Regards,
                              Dennis
                              Understandable but I have closer ties to YSU. I paid them money for 5 years, skipped a few years and then paid them money again for 5 years.

Why 5 instead of 4? My daughters worked while going to school so it took them another year because they didn't overload themselves with classes. They executed the same game plan and it worked for them. One was cum laude and the other was magna cum laude. Both are Penguins through and through.

Yes, I'm bragging.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X