European Championship ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Championship ?

Only thread I can find is the locked one about the Russia England game - is there another ?

Just merge me if I missed it.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

I'm afraid that given a choice of
    "flannelled fools at the wicket and muddied oafs at the goal" Kipling The Islanders
    I've been following the fools. The third test at Lords has been swinging one way and then the other for the last four days.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I was going to say how **** poor the policing has been but that seems unimportant now ..

Comment

A thread to discuss the games I mean not the politics -

What was he thinking changing Rooney ?

Was Rooney hurt or was Hodgson drunk ?

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        I'm afraid that given a choice of I've been following the fools. The third test at Lords has been swinging one way and then the other for the last four days.
        Well I imagine we can discuss both - I'm afraid I don't have much of interest to share in that regard though

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
          What was he thinking changing Rooney ?

Was Rooney hurt or was Hodgson drunk ?
          I find it hard to concentrate for 90 minutes on footy these days but I didn't think Rooney was all that?

Good goal for the Russkis but showed lack of experience/usual England lack of cohesion.

(Belgium-Italy stonewalled 1-1)

Comment

A result that would suit both yes given the table, but I doubt it,

both teams are vulnerable in the defensive department but have serious offensive power.

If it must be a draw I'll take 2-2 or 3-3 over 1-1, but really I'm fairly sure one team will take it with the smallest difference

Rooney played in a pulled back fashion, probably because he lost much of his speed, he's still bloody hard to take a ball from though,

he could probably just sit on it for the few more minutes that were needed to bring the victory home.

Comment

Ukraine - France was the most enjoyable match to date out of the three that I watched.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Hi

Hodgson's explanation was a fair one, in that England were controlling the game and Wiltshire did the same job as Rooney, plus the introduction of Milner in place of Sterling was another defensive ploy to hold what we had.
                Sadly the known frailties of our back line came to fruition, despite the team having a very good game overall.

The one change I would have made was taking Kane off with around 10 mins left and brought on either Vardy or Sturrdige against a tiring/aged Russian defence.

Regards

Andy H
                "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
                  Hi
                  (...)
                  The one change I would have made was taking Kane off with around 10 mins left and brought on either Vardy or Sturrdige against a tiring/aged Russian defence.

Regards

Andy H
                  Kane did his utmost best - he does just not appear to be good enough - he comes late on every occasion.

Where does he play ?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                    Kane did his utmost best - he does just not appear to be good enough - he comes late on every occasion.

Where does he play ?
                    Spurts. Whilst a terrible club they do produce decent players with annoying regularity.

Kane and Vardy with spud-face on the bench for me.

Comment

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

Lebedev, who sits on the executive committee of the Russian football union, is an MP from the nationalist Liberal Democratic party and the deputy chairman of the Russian parliament.

“I don’t understand those politicians and officials who are criticising our fans. We should defend them, and then we can sort it out when they come home,” Lebedev wrote in a series of tweets.

“What happened in Marseille and in other French towns is not the fault of fans, but about the inability of police to organise this kind of event properly.”

Calls to his office went unanswered on Monday, but the Twitter account is believed to be genuine and the sentiments were echoed in comments given to the news website life.ru.

“In nine out of 10 cases, football fans go to games to fight, and that’s normal. The lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland. We should forgive and understand our fans,” Lebedev told the news agency."
                      http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...4BK?li=BBoPOOl

Comment

Belgium can't seem to beat Italy with Italy having one leg tied behind their back. Dang.
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Iceland played really well against Portugal and the massive ego that is Ronaldo . He's a great player but I've said it before he has no class and does not have a good attitude to his team his opponents or the game. Viva Messi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...as-minnows-ma/

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            “I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

Lebedev, who sits on the executive committee of the Russian football union, is an MP from the nationalist Liberal Democratic party and the deputy chairman of the Russian parliament.

“I don’t understand those politicians and officials who are criticising our fans. We should defend them, and then we can sort it out when they come home,” Lebedev wrote in a series of tweets.

“What happened in Marseille and in other French towns is not the fault of fans, but about the inability of police to organise this kind of event properly.”

Calls to his office went unanswered on Monday, but the Twitter account is believed to be genuine and the sentiments were echoed in comments given to the news website life.ru.

“In nine out of 10 cases, football fans go to games to fight, and that’s normal. The lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland. We should forgive and understand our fans,” Lebedev told the news agency."
                            http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...4BK?li=BBoPOOl

The guys a douche and makes his country look like backward thugs with statements like that. Someone will get killed in two years going there.

Comment

It's a bit boring ,I mean ,not too much deaths recently?
                              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X