X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1J1
    started a topic NFL Draft

NFL Draft

Making a 3 day spectacle of a 7 round event that is as pseudo-scientific as voodoo, witchcraft, or alchemy! Earlier they did about 20-30 rounds in a day. A made for TV event that allows NY Jets fans to act like morons, (Jets fans and morons, sorry I repeated myself) when it is in Radio City Music Hall.

I'm passing on it, except to check the Pittsburgh papers the morning after each day. That will also eliminate eye strain caused by it appearing that Mel Kiper's lips are out of sync with his words when he speaks.

Regards,
    Dennis

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    My cousin, Robby Anderson, WR, was just drafted by the Jets. Out of Temple.
    Congratulations to your cousin! I hope he has HOF quality performances against the Pats!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Extra cool . I have adopted the Cowboys because their center's last name is - Frederick. . To go with my Dolphins that is.

Leave a comment:

• Gixxer86g
    replied
    My cousin, Robby Anderson, WR, was just drafted by the Jets. Out of Temple.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Then why was Tunsil suspended for 7 games last season for taking improper benefits while in college? There was also something about him using loaner cars.

The incident with his step-father was Tunsil defending his mother from her abusive husband. That makes him more appealing IMO. I have a feeling his current problems will trace back to his step-father.
    The head recruiter for Ole Miss, Bo Davis, resigned last night. I think Ole Miss is about to get hit with sanctions. Bo Davis was head recruiter at LSU before he went to Ole Miss. Let us hope that Ole Miss gets appropriate punishment and the NCAA does not take it out on a Cleveland State like they did many years ago. The NCAA may not put major sanctions on Alabama or LSU, but Ole Miss is vulnerable.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    Dennis the Steelers did a much better pick in the second round, Sean Davis, CB, Maryland.

Pruitt
    I see he studied Chinese for 3 years in high school, so he is also smart enough to learn the playbook.........something Shamarko Thomas was unable to remotely approach in four years!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Then why was Tunsil suspended for 7 games last season for taking improper benefits while in college? There was also something about him using loaner cars.

The incident with his step-father was Tunsil defending his mother from her abusive husband. That makes him more appealing IMO. I have a feeling his current problems will trace back to his step-father.
    Way too much drama around this young man. I wonder if he can, or as happens to some, even wants to shake loose from his previous environment?

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Dennis the Steelers did a much better pick in the second round, Sean Davis, CB, Maryland.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Lots of SEC schools pay their athletes. The athletes don't talk about it while they are getting it, but Tunsil is about to get a bigger payday. Garnett is a highly respected Offensive Lineman. The Saints were set to take him in the second round. He can play either Guard or Tackle.

Many years ago (Seventies) a local High School (Lake Charles High) had four athletes sign with LSU. They all showed up there in cream colored convertibles. Coincidence? I think not. One's father was a high school principal and another father was a mailman. They could not afford to buy the cars. Three of the four were Black and the one lone White was the Principal's son. One went on to the pros, Orlando McDaniels. Two ran track at LSU as well.

The smaller schools also slip money to athletes. I taught school in DeQuincy one year and my students were talking about an athlete at Pickering High that took money to sign with a Texas Junior College. The guy ran out of stuff he wanted and was offering to give money to anyone he knew!

Right now LSU and Tulane are actually paying money to athletes under NCAA rules that allow payments. The rule was set up for minorities attending high priced universities. This is a long way from the days when athletes got Summer Jobs where they did little work and high pay. I worked at Citgo Refinery in the '80's and they were still talking about a seven foot tall McNeese Basketball player working out there one summer in the early '70's. Big Ed heard the siren go off that indicated a chemical leak had occurred. Big Ed high jumped the perimeter fence without using his hands and was finally stopped a mile down the road, still running! If you had ever saw him slowly playing Basketball, you would have been impressed!

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    Put BLUNTLY ... the Dolphins got the deal of the Draft in Tunsil OT

Much needed position for phins.

The 49ers could have and should have grabbed Tunsil. But Chip Kelly picked his DE from Oregon. I am happy with Buckner but would have preferred Tunsil. Garnett is a .

That picture that was posted on Tunsil's Twitter acct was done by someone who wanted to hurt the big guy's image and it kinda did. It was weird watching it unfold live during the draft. Then Tunsil threw Ole Miss under the bus talking about being paid.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    You didn't hear of him much because many of the other teams had Burns rated as a third rounder. Still, several teams picked guys that would have been available later. Atlanta must have really liked their pick!

Pruitt
    Could be, but time will tell. Lots of first round busts are out there for every team, as well as pleasant surprises are there as well.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Put BLUNTLY ... the Dolphins got the deal of the Draft in Tunsil OT

Much needed position for phins.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    You didn't hear of him much because many of the other teams had Burns rated as a third rounder. Still, several teams picked guys that would have been available later. Atlanta must have really liked their pick!

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Steelers take Burns, CB, Miami. I don't recall hearing his name much if at all, but I trust their judgement. Rooney and the team staff do know football. Its not like they are Jerry Jones or Danny Snyder!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X