Brady's Suspension Restored!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady's Suspension Restored!

A U.S. appeals court on Monday restored the four-game "Deflategate" suspension of New England Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady over allegations footballs were under inflated before an NFL playoff game last year.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York reversed a federal judge's ruling from September. The appeals court ruled that in imposing the suspension, National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell properly exercised his discretion under a collective bargaining agreement. (Reporting by Nate Raymond in New York; Editing by Frances Kerry)
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Yay
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

The arrogance that Brady and the Pats show is amazing. They were cheating, they know they were cheating, the world knows they were cheating but they will not accept the punishment for cheating. Despicable, not worthy of the game. A sure sign of what this public has allowed celebrities to become.
      John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Brady is a great QB, and could easily be considered in the top 5 all time, but I personally can't stand that guy, and I eagerly look forward to his retirement
        Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

A very correct decision I think. The case hinges purely on whether or not Goodell was within his powers, given him by a negotiated collective bargaining agreement, not whether or not there was sufficient evidence to merit the suspension. The original judge was completely out of bounds in the decision to void the suspension.

Regards,
          Dennis
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
            A very correct decision I think. The case hinges purely on whether or not Goodell was within his powers, given him by a negotiated collective bargaining agreement, not whether or not there was sufficient evidence to merit the suspension. The original judge was completely out of bounds in the decision to void the suspension.

Regards,
            Dennis
            I agree completely, this was not a case for the justice system to stick it's nose in to, it was none of their business!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Good news. But I think that he and his team needed more punishment than what was originally ruled.

Brady's an average QB that needs to cheat to excel. So, when is he supposed to serve his suspension this time? Still at the start of the season? Maybe he should be suspended for his next four playoff games instead...or as well.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X