USWNT looking for more money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgfred View Post

As is mostly the case in the USA... a Winner gets more attention than a mediocre team. My numbers come from listening to a lawyer (tom brady's in fact) talk about the differences in pay and benefits between the teams.
    Yeah, don't listen to a cheater's lawyer.
    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
        She is clearly a great female keeper (goalie's play hockey, keeper's play soccer) but she could never be rated as better than males, right?

Now you are just nitpicking here.

What about netminder or goaltender? There are many informal ways to say 'goalkeeper' and goalie happens to be one of them.

In many team sports which involve scoring goals, a goalkeeper (termed goaltender, netminder, goalie, or keeper in some sports) is a designated player charged with directly preventing the opposing team from scoring by intercepting shots at goal. Such positions exist in hurling, association football, Gaelic football, international rules football, handball, field hockey, ice hockey, water polo, bandy, rink bandy, lacrosse, floorball, and other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
          Now you are just nitpicking here.

What about netminder or goaltender? There are many informal ways to say 'goalkeeper' and goalie happens to be one of them.
          Have you ever been to a game? Ever met a keeper?
          John

Comment

Notice now the women are talking a boycott. Apparently they don't appreciate playing for this country. They should be kicked off the team.
            John

Comment

If the women are thrown off the team than there is no team so there is no chance of that happening.

Would love to see student athletes do the same thing.
              ďWhen you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.Ē
              ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                If the women are thrown off the team than there is no team so there is no chance of that happening.

They don't have alternates? Backups on a list for call up in case of injury? Then don't send a team, they don't deserve to play.
                John

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post

Coly,

They are throwing a hissy fit over their pay to set up the reason not to go to Brazil. All US athletes are concerned about the Zika virus, especially women. Women are more susceptible to the virus. While athletes prepare for the Olympics, they put their lives on hold. They put off weddings, college, careers and wait to start families. It's not unusual for Olympians to have babies a year or two after the Games.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting more money AND not have to go play in Brazil. That would be a WIN-WIN.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    Coly,

They are throwing a hissy fit over their pay to set up the reason not to go to Brazil. All US athletes are concerned about the Zika virus, especially women. Women are more susceptible to the virus. While athletes prepare for the Olympics, they put their lives on hold. They put off weddings, college, careers and wait to start families. It's not unusual for Olympians to have babies a year or two after the Games.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting more money AND not have to go play in Brazil. That would be a WIN-WIN.
                    Interesting you should bring that up. Matt Lauer was interviewing the women that had initiated the lawsuit and he brought up the virus while directing questions at Hope Solo. She refused to talk about it and specifically said she did not want to discuss anything but the pay issue.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
                      Have you ever been to a game? Ever met a keeper?
                      MUFC til I die. I've been a fan since I could talk. I was brought up when United started winning in the 90's. Sadly, my dad lived the majority of his adult life without United winning anything. I can only imagine the feeling when we won the first Premier league title. I got to see and appreciate the 1999 treble. That cemented my love. Plus seeing my dad's face when we lifted that trophy after Ole won it, there's nothing better!

Comment

MUFC til I die. I've been a fan since I could talk. I was brought up when United started winning in the 90's. Sadly, my dad lived the majority of his adult life without United winning anything. I can only imagine the feeling when we won the first Premier league title. I got to see and appreciate the 1999 treble. That cemented my love. Plus seeing my dad's face when we lifted that trophy after Ole won it, there's nothing better!
                        There's actually real, flesh-n-blood Man Utd fans in England? I've always thought of Man Utd as a brand, but not a team, like Juventus: I've never met an Italian fan of that club either.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

That would be your problem. I stand behind what I say...keeper.
                          John

Comment

United fans have very little to celebrate about their current team these days. Louis van Gaal needs to go or else get used to losing, if you aren't already. United was lucky to pull off a win at West Ham yesterday. I have my doubts that United will beat Everton in the semi though.
                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                              United fans have very little to celebrate about their current team these days. Louis van Gaal needs to go or else get used to losing, if you aren't already. United was lucky to pull off a win at West Ham yesterday. I have my doubts that United will beat Everton in the semi though.
                              Had it not been for Martial and De Gea, I would be too ashamed to show up here and defend my team. Now I can proudly say we are on course to lift the trophy for the first time since 2004.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X