Goodell's Proposed Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodell's Proposed Rule

Roger Goodell want to make a rule to eject players after they get tagged for 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

Of course all the players are against it. Do you think this is a good idea or not?
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Goodell should sit back and let the owners run the show. He owes the Saints some draft picks!

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      Roger Goodell want to make a rule to eject players after they get tagged for 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

Of course all the players are against it. Do you think this is a good idea or not?
      How many times did a player get 2 unsportmanlikes in a single game last year?

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
        How many times did a player get 2 unsportmanlikes in a single game last year?
        None, a solution looking for a problem!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Actually, the proposal is from the competition committee, not Goodell at all. I don't understand the two times idea. Toss guys after the first one if the offense is severe enough (an obvious attempt to injure for example), and tack on a one game suspension. Problem solved ASAP.
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
            Actually, the proposal is from the competition committee, not Goodell at all. I don't understand the two times idea. Toss guys after the first one if the offense is severe enough (an obvious attempt to injure for example), and tack on a one game suspension. Problem solved ASAP.

This made it sound like he suggested it.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that league owners passed the automatic ejection rule suggested by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Here are the rest of the changes that were passed by the owners.

Also voted in was a proposal to change the spot of the snap after a touchback to the 25-yard line. Both rules will be treated as one-year experiments.

On Tuesday, the owners agreed at the NFL Annual Meeting to abolish any and all "chop" style blocks, a move that thrilled plenty of defensive players league-wide. The NFL also passed the following rule changes this week:
            Competition Committee chairman Rich McKay announced Wednesday a tweak to the injury reserve-designated to return rule. Now, teams do not have to designate a player to return when they place him on injured reserve. Players still have to be on IR for at least six weeks before they can be boomeranged, though.
            Offensive and defensive play-callers are permitted to use the headset communication system whether they are on the field or in the booth.
            A horse-collar tackle has been expanded to include the area "at the nameplate and above."
            A team will be flagged for delay of game if they attempt to call a timeout when they are not allowed to.
            The NFL has eliminated the 5-yard penalty for "an eligible receiver illegally touching a forward pass after being out of bounds and re-establishing himself inbounds, and makes it a loss of down."
            The NFL has eliminated "multiple spots of enforcement for a double foul after a change of possession."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...or-2016-season
            I do like your idea about depending on the severity, and fine, on the very first violation.
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
              This made it sound like he suggested it.

Thanks! I was unaware of this. As to the rest of the rule changes, I don't have any strong feelings.

However, we still do not know what a catch is. The process is far too complicated. I also don't understand why on a TD pass you must possess the ball to the ground and beyond, yet, you can cross the plane of the goal line running with it, then fumble, and it is still a TD.

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X