Rams back to L.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams back to L.A.

After a 20+ year absence, the Rams are returning to Los Angeles. Feel bad for the fans in St. Louis, but if the Rams don't start winning it might take some of the sting out of their loss.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Raiders are moving out of the country, to TX.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Chargers and Raiders are really hot about this decision and their chance to go to LA. I have my doubts the city will support the team, let alone two. After all, they already had two teams, (Raiders/Rams) leave.

The mayor of St. Louis is also peeved. He says the city will never again work with the NFL.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I fail to understand the NFLs insistence on having a franchise back in LA, there will be very little fan support, there never was in the past when the Rams were still there, the weather is great and there are many other things to do than sitting in traffic going to a football game, Barron Hilton and Al Davis both found that out the hard way and so will Stan Kroenke!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Still mad about that bad steak you had in Texas HPJ?

Comment

If the Rams are moving back to L.A. does that mean the Cardinals are moving back to Chicago. We could also have the Colts move back to Baltimore, the Ravens move back to Cleveland and the Browns will move to St. Louis and win three Super Bowls in seven years driving Cleveland fans insane.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

NFL Football should be banned from cities that are warm during the season.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I hear the reason the NFL owners are backing away from the idea of the Raiders and Chargers sharing a stadium is it would require the realignment of the AFC West and the NFC West.
                The bylaws forbids two teams from the same division sharing the same stadium or city.
                The Giants the the Jets share a stadium but are from different leagues.
                The committee doesn't want to go through the ordeal of realignment again, and neither do any of the other teams.
                The other issue is, if the Chargers move, there will be another team that will want to move to San Diego, most likely Jacksonville, a team that is struggling to sell seats, this would also require a realignment.
                Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

I would love to see realignment. Two conferences of 17 teams, adding two new teams, one to each conference. Play everyone in your conference once and seed the top 6 teams in each for the playoffs.

This creates a more balanced schedule in each conference, and eliminates inter-conference play, which I despise because of repeat games during the Super Bowl.

If the Rams are moving back to L.A. does that mean the Cardinals are moving back to Chicago. We could also have the Colts move back to Baltimore, the Ravens move back to Cleveland and the Browns will move to St. Louis and win three Super Bowls in seven years driving Cleveland fans insane.
                  That is funny........even though I don't think R. Evans would be laughing too much if it happened!

Regards,
                  Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Gee, I guess it really will be a WORLD Series then.

Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                    Hyperwar, Whats New
                    World War II Resources
                    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      I fail to understand the NFLs insistence on having a franchise back in LA, there will be very little fan support, there never was in the past when the Rams were still there, the weather is great and there are many other things to do than sitting in traffic going to a football game, Barron Hilton and Al Davis both found that out the hard way and so will Stan Kroenke!
                      $$$$$

Big market there. NFL planning a NFL-West Complex for things like the Pro Bowl, Combines, SuperBowl, and even Olympic events.

The Inglewood area will see a massive economic/population boom.

If you rent in that area I hope you have a looong contract already.

If not... your rent will probably quadruple.

The Clippers (nba) would be smart to move back to the Forum (inglewood)
                      but I think they are stuck at the Laker's place for like 5 more years.
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                        I would love to see realignment. Two conferences of 17 teams, adding two new teams, one to each conference. Play everyone in your conference once and seed the top 6 teams in each for the playoffs.

This creates a more balanced schedule in each conference, and eliminates inter-conference play, which I despise because of repeat games during the Super Bowl.

That is funny........even though I don't think R. Evans would be laughing too much if it happened!

Regards,
                        Dennis
                        This comes under be careful of what you ask for, you might get it!
                        Goddell would love to realign the NFL, with teams in Mexico City, London, Tokyo, maybe one in Moscow!
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

I don't see a problem with Mexico City. Perhaps two teams in Mexico. Travel/time zone issues are no greater than in the US and the popularity of the sport is there.

I am not in favor of Europe or Asia because of travel related issues and the flop that was NFL Europe. I think the average fan in Europe sees our game as a nice novelty, but nothing more.

Regards,
                          Dennis

Comment

I don't see a problem with Mexico City.
                            Angelenos would be comfortable there under the old rule "Never trust any air you can't see."
                            Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                            Hyperwar, Whats New
                            World War II Resources
                            The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

I don't see a problem with Mexico City. Perhaps two teams in Mexico. Travel/time zone issues are no greater than in the US and the popularity of the sport is there.

I am not in favor of Europe or Asia because of travel related issues and the flop that was NFL Europe. I think the average fan in Europe sees our game as a nice novelty, but nothing more.

Regards,
                              Dennis
                              Agreed on all your points!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X