Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holly Holm Takes Down Ronda Rousey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holly Holm Takes Down Ronda Rousey

    if your going to refuse to touch gloves before the match and act classless you better back it up. Ronda couldn't back it up and got the **** beat out of her!

    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14...-round-ufc-193

    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

  • #2
    She also tried to be a champion against domestic abuse, but beat the **** out of her boyfriend when he didn't move out of her way. I'm quite glad she's been beaten.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

    Comment


    • #3
      One word about that final take down: brutal

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
        One word about that final take down: brutal
        Ya talk the talk then you better be able to walk. She couldn't even stand up. Love it. Earned me a 20.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • #5
          They took her to the hospital afterwards as well. Damn good work by Holm.
          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

          Comment


          • #6
            Totally weird.
            Holly Holm said she did this to celebrate "so much love and support" she was receiving.

            It's what you do,of course, when feeling "love and support" to thrash the living day-lights out of your opponent.
            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
            Samuel Johnson.

            Comment


            • #7
              Brutal sport,
              Last edited by Urban hermit; 15 Nov 15, 15:49.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                Totally weird.
                Holly Holm said she did this to celebrate "so much love and support" she was receiving.

                It's what you do,of course, when feeling "love and support" to thrash the living day-lights out of your opponent.
                I wrestled in high school and college and totally agree with her. The support of the crowd can inspire you to do things other people think you can't accomplish.
                First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                Comment


                • #9
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                    I wrestled in high school and college and totally agree with her. The support of the crowd can inspire you to do things other people think you can't accomplish.
                    I just found it odd that somebody could equate the word "love" with the violence that permitted a competitor to continue belting an opponent after she was down and unconscious.

                    Some accomplishment .
                    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                    Samuel Johnson.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                      I just found it odd that somebody could equate the word "love" with the violence that permitted a competitor to continue belting an opponent after she was down and unconscious.

                      Some accomplishment .
                      The referee needs to break them up as soon as he realizes that the downed opponent is unable to defend themselves. It's fighter instinct to pounce and continue to deliver damage after a punishing blow. Nothing especially violent or mean about it. It's common in any form of MMA. Finish your opponent once they're hurt.

                      It's the job of the referee to make sure the fight stops once a fighter can't defend themselves.
                      First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                        The referee needs to break them up as soon as he realizes that the downed opponent is unable to defend themselves. It's fighter instinct to pounce and continue to deliver damage after a punishing blow. Nothing especially violent or mean about it. It's common in any form of MMA. Finish your opponent once they're hurt.

                        It's the job of the referee to make sure the fight stops once a fighter can't defend themselves.
                        I think you're missing my point. It's the use of the word "love" that I found incongruous in the light of this particular sport, regardless of what the referee did or did not do. What's " fighter instinct" got to do with love ?
                        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                        Samuel Johnson.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                          I think you're missing my point. It's the use of the word "love" that I found incongruous in the light of this particular sport, regardless of what the referee did or did not do. What's " fighter instinct" got to do with love ?
                          Holm felt the love of the crowd (yes that's possible) and put on a great show and came out with a win. What is your problem with understanding that?
                          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                            Holm felt the love of the crowd (yes that's possible) and put on a great show and came out with a win. What is your problem with understanding that?
                            It's not a "problem". The woman can say what she likes. It's just the juxtaposition :- muttering about "love" in the context of kicking somebody in the head that I find intriguing: amusing even.
                            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                            Samuel Johnson.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                              It's not a "problem". The woman can say what she likes. It's just the juxtaposition of muttering about "love" in the context of kicking somebody in the head that I find intriguing: amusing even.
                              You're using very little of your thinking skills here.

                              A soldier can feel love for his country while killing enemies, but a fighter can't feed off the love of fans and be inspired by it?
                              First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • asterix
                                New York AG to sue the NRA
                                by asterix
                                New York Attorney General Letitia James launches lawsuit against the National Rifle Association alleging financial discrepancies:

                                https...
                                Today, 05:46
                              • casanova
                                Emanuel Macron
                                by casanova
                                The French president Emmanuel Macron visited Beirut, Libanon. He watched the devastation in the city, caused by the Amoniumnitrat explosion....
                                Today, 01:27
                              • casanova
                                Beirut
                                by casanova
                                A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
                                Yesterday, 23:35
                              Working...
                              X