Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can "Johnny Football" improve?

Hey folks,

While Manziel did not shine in all of last nights game against Cincinnati, there were some notable flashes of brilliance from Manziel.

In the first 30 minutes, Manziel completed 11 of his first 18 passes, including a few drops (we're looking at you, Taylor Gabriel) for 128 yards and a pretty TD-pass-on-the-move to rookie running back Duke Johnson as Manziel bought time with his feet, slid to his right and found Johnson for the score that cut the lead to 14-10 with 19 seconds remaining in the half.

Did we learn much about Manziel Thursday night? We saw that he can go down the field, as he did in a career-long 92-yard drive, and command an offense in an important spot. We also learned that he has yet to string four good quarters together in a single game.

He's way ahead of where he was when he started against the Bengals last season. But we're no closer to figuring out if Manziel is, or deserves to be, the starter going forward without question.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...050729214.html

So how about it, can "Johnny Football" improve and if so, to how much of an extent?
    Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 06 Nov 15, 15:20. Reason: included link

Can "Johnny Football" improve?

Not without a massive attitude adjustment.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

That, better O-Line play, better reads from him, stay in the pocket (if one) a little better and better coaching and play calling most of all.
      Quit drinking

Find new girlfriend

Hey TeO... what you noticed last night was a pretty good defense adjusting at half time to a mediocre offense, average QB, below average O-Line, and below average WR/RB. Heck... even their decent punter was sucking eggs last night.

The offense has had 6 offensive coordinators in 6 years... not to mention the different GMs and such.

*A few teams playing to ruin my Dolphins of '72 perfect record... uh oh.
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Few teams have excelled at picking QB flops to the degree the Browns have. Manziel is one of the athletic quarterbacks I spoke against in another thread. No, the talent level is not there IMO.

Now, he may turn into a so-so NFL QB. But he will never become an elite signal caller.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Johnny Football is good enough to be the best backup QB for any team in the league.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

No!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
              That, better O-Line play, better reads from him, stay in the pocket (if one) a little better and better coaching and play calling most of all.
              Quit drinking

Find new girlfriend

Hey TeO... what you noticed last night was a pretty good defense adjusting at half time to a mediocre offense, average QB, below average O-Line, and below average WR/RB. Heck... even their decent punter was sucking eggs last night.

The offense has had 6 offensive coordinators in 6 years... not to mention the different GMs and such.

*A few teams playing to ruin my Dolphins of '72 perfect record... uh oh.

Good points. I for one find that Manziel can improve on his play, not so sure about how good Manziel can become though..going to need more time for that one.

The browns are struggling this year and I feel for coach Pettine. Pettine had success as the Bills defensive coordinator in 2013, I would have liked to see Pettine stay with the Bills.

Comment

Yes he can improve if he changes his attitude but even if he does he will ever reach greatness.
                “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Nope. As a lifelong Browns fan, his being drafted by the Browns ranks right up there with such mistakes as Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden, and Mike Junkin. He doesn't have the talent for the NFL plus (or minus) he's a first class punk.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

He's right up there with Ryan Leaf!
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

I am reminded of a Keanu Reeves Football Movie called the "Replacements". A reporter asked Gene Hackman what his team needed to come back in the second half and win? Hackman thumped his chest and said "You gotta have heart!"

I don't think anyone accused Johnny Football of ever having heart...

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        I am reminded of a Keanu Reeves Football Movie called the "Replacements". A reporter asked Gene Hackman what his team needed to come back in the second half and win? Hackman thumped his chest and said "You gotta have heart!"

I don't think anyone accused Johnny Football of ever having heart...

Pruitt
                        I would take Tebow over Johnny Football everyday of the week, the last time Tebow was a starting QB his team went to the playoffs, love him or hate him, he is a better player than JF
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Both Manziels teammates and coaches are saying that Johnny football is improving,

There are plenty of people who aren’t going to trust Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel based on what they’ve seen so far.

But at least one of his teammates who watches him every day says that Manziel appears to have learned from his most recent two-game benching for lying to coaches about his bye-week partying.

“I definitely think he is starting to see it,” tight end Gary Barnidge said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “It has shown in the way he is playing on the field, in practice and in the game and everything else. He’s just going to keep learning. He’s a young guy. He is going to keep learning and keep maturing as he gets older. That is a credit to him, too. We are going to be behind him no matter what, too.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Comment

Yes... they found a remedy.

Just bang his head repeatedly on a tablet .

SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I have a feeling that Manziel will be a Cowboy next year. Jerry Jones really, really like him and almost wasted a 1st round draft pick on him last draft. He won't pass on another chance to get Johnny Football, if Cleveland is willing to trade him.
                              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X