Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City Royals Win World Series

Have to give the Royals credit they refused to lose
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Love the Royals' approach: hit, hit, and hit. Doesn't matter if the ball flies a country mile -- or rolls only just past the mound; just hit, hit, and hit. Force the opponent to make plays. Keep moving, take that extra base. Steal on the first move. Ignore the check-back and go home anyway. Every time KC applied pressure to the Mets, forced them to make plays, and at key moments the Mets made errors, mental and otherwise. It's an exciting brand of ball, certainly moreso than the bloop-n-a-blast variety that's held sway the last twenty years.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I was absolutely begging for the Royals to shell Harvey in the 9th after he talked his coach into letting him stay in. The coach gave in to the fans, Harvey and his heart... instead of staying with his head .

That was good to me... watching him walk to the dugout after basically ruining all that good work he had done up thru the 8th.

The Mets bullpen was the pits anyway... bringing Neise and Colon all the time.
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Gratz to the Royals. I should have hedged my future bet on Kansas instead of Toronto. Oh well you live and ya learn.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
          I was absolutely begging for the Royals to shell Harvey in the 9th after he talked his coach into letting him stay in. The coach gave in to the fans, Harvey and his heart... instead of staying with his head .

That was good to me... watching him walk to the dugout after basically ruining all that good work he had done up thru the 8th.

The Mets bullpen was the pits anyway... bringing Neise and Colon all the time.
          I didn't have a problem with Harvey going out there since he had pitched so well and the Mets closer already had two blown saves but when he walked Cain I would have pulled him.

The Royals play an exciting brand of baseball but did get a little lucky facing a team that is not solid defensively. Historically speaking I don't think they do as well against Earl Weaver's Orioles or Whitey Herzog's Cardinals who would not have made the mistakes the Mets did.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

They did it right by cancelling school and allowed kids to attend the parade. When the Giants won, the greedy SFUSD didn't want to lose millions in federal money, they made kids go to school. Most stayed home sick , so they lost anyway.
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X