Was Utley's Slide Into Tejada Dirty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Utley's Slide Into Tejada Dirty?

It looked to me like Utley came in too high. I am also not sure why Utley was ruled safe since he never touched the bag.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

It looks like the Runner was trying to break up a double play. Boy did he! The base was tagged and the Runner should have been out.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
      It looked to me like Utley came in too high. I am also not sure why Utley was ruled safe since he never touched the bag.

I thought it was dirty. Tejada never touched the bag either though. Looking at the instant replay, it looks like he's an inch off the base. Too bad the Mets can't retaliate with Matt Harvey tomorrow, they need to win. Hopefully they'll have a huge lead when the bullpen comes up, then it's ON!
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

My son-in-law also saw the replay and said Tejada missed the bag.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Chase Utley has been suspended for 2 games by MLB.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            I thought it was dirty. Tejada never touched the bag either though. Looking at the instant replay, it looks like he's an inch off the base. Too bad the Mets can't retaliate with Matt Harvey tomorrow, they need to win. Hopefully they'll have a huge lead when the bullpen comes up, then it's ON!
            As long as you can hit the base as the runner 'almost' anything goes.

Utley is a 2nd baseman... he will get his (unless he retires).

The Mets will be head-hunting him next year for sure.
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Utley is appealing and it has not been heard. He can play tonight.

It was a chicken dirt play. Can you say earhole!

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Utley is not in the lineup for tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post

I don't think the Mets will wait til next season. They probably won't use a pitcher, they will most likely sacrifice a bench guy to pinch run for someone at 1st. But Utley has to play 2nd base for that to happen. It won't be tonight, maybe tomorrow, but it has to be at Citi Field.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post

As a life-long Mets fan who will always hate Pete Rose for his hit on Bud Harrelson in the 1973 NLCS... I have to agree.

The hit was dirty... but I don't see how it was illegal. He was within reach of the bag and was clearly sliding. Too bad he didn’t get a concussion.
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      As a life-long Mets fan who will always hate Pete Rose for his hit on Bud Harrelson in the 1973 NLCS... I have to agree.

The hit was dirty... but I don't see how it was illegal. He was within reach of the bag and was clearly sliding. Too bad he didn’t get a concussion.

You must be happy the Mets knocked off the Dodgers last night.
                      I was rooting for the Mets because I HATE the Dodgers more than anything. Plus, beating the Dodgers is the best payback for that dirty but legal slide.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X